1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Fender Custom Shop 64 Jazz Relic / SB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eqvolvorama, Feb 16, 2015.

1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Price:
    Strings:
    This bass is the quintessential Jazz, but I'm really not a quintessential Jazz guy. Putting it out there to see if there's interest in a new home.

This bass has changed not at all since I purchased it on these boards last fall. It is a tasteful relic, on the good side of nine pounds, with great balance and resonance. Pictures and more eloquent description can be found below.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop 1964 Jazz (j bass) relic | TalkBass.com

It's a very light, tasteful relic at the moment, but if anyone would like me to ship it out in the current cold spell we're dealing with here on the east coast, I can guarantee it will be a deeper, more pronounced relic by the time it gets to you. Needless to say it's being kept in the warmest, most thermally consistent room in the house until the sun remembers we're here.

Askind $2200 shipped CONUS, same as before.

2. bloodevourer

bloodevourer

Dec 11, 2011
    Denton Texas
    Hello, is this bass still on for sale?? I'm interested !!

3. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    It is!

4. Gambaholic

Gambaholic

Feb 21, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi,
    I sent you a PM (or is it called a "conversation" now?). It's been a while since I've been on TalkBass and it seems a lot has changed with the forum! :)

5. dgunns

dgunns

Oct 11, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    pretty dang good deal if I had the dough

6. Gambaholic

Gambaholic

Feb 21, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep, can't wait til it gets here! I've been wanting one of these for a long while now.

7. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Indiana
    This is my old bass and it's a beauty. You will be happy with it. Nice purchase. Congrats!

8. Gambaholic

Gambaholic

Feb 21, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks, I can't wait to get it on a gig. I can't believe its had 4 TB owners now. It seems no one has deemed it a keeper yet. I'm hoping that will change this time. :)

9. Gambaholic

Gambaholic

Feb 21, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well I got the bass today and I just want to say I can't believe this bass has been sold 3 times in a year! Big thanks to Dan for a smooth transaction and fast shipping. This one is a keeper. :thumbsup:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021