SOLD Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special NECK+ TUNERS 12" Radius - Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by spike42, Apr 26, 2019.

1. spike42

spike42 Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Price:
    I bought this Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special neck new from the ebay chop shop guy last year - same neck (and price) as this more recent item:

Fender Deluxe Precision P BASS Special NECK+ TUNERS 12" Radius C Shape Maple | eBay

Their sales blurb:

"Description: Official Fender Deluxe Precision Bass Special Neck & Tuners- Tinted Maple- Modern "C" Shape- 12" Radius (305 mm)- 20 Medium Jumbo Frets- 34" Scale Length (864 mm)- 1.50" Width at Nut (38.1 mm)- Genuine Fender"

I had it mounted on an Allparts body and in doing so, plugged the original holes and
    drilled new ones to accommodate the non-Fender body. My selling price reflects the
    fact that you'll probably want to drill new holes to match your body of choice.

The completed project wasn't a bass that saw much use, so neck is overall quite
    clean - no clunks or nicks, frets have only ever seen flatwounds, and the truss rod
    works as expected. I really liked the 12" radius but I should also point out that while
    it's a 1.5" "Jazz" width at the nut, I found this neck to have a fairly deep profile and a somewhat
    "meaty" feel......no Geddy Lee here :) Just my opinion but I like to
    describe things in detail - you may also observe this in the auction detail shots.

$189 shipped and Paypal'd to the lower 48.

DSC05733.jpg DSC05735.jpg DSC05737.jpg DSC05739.jpg DSC05741.jpg DSC05744.jpg DSC05745.jpg DSC05747.jpg DSC05749.jpg DSC05757.jpg DSC05763.jpg

pudge, Spidey2112 and GroovyBaby like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022