1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Modern Player Jazz 4-String with lots of Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TonyRo, Apr 23, 2019.

1. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    Price:
    Strings:
    Up for sale is a 4-String Fender Modern Player Jazz Bass with a lot of upgrades. No longer made, kind of a cool bass, using a set of two double jazz pickups. Check out the pics, but the short list is:

1. The preamp and control plate are switched out for an 18V Audere Z3 preamp. The previous owner did this, and it's quite nice. Volume, Bass, Treble, Mids, Pickup Blend, power LED, and a 3-way toggle switch that changes the impedance (Z-Switch) and gets you 3 different tones. The normal balanced sound, a slightly brighter sound, and a more vintage sound that mimics a tone knob roll-off. You can check out more here: Audere Audio 3ZB

2. New pickguard. It came with a black and blue pearloid pickguards (and will ship with them as well), but to me the gold one looks unbelievable.

3. I replaced the stock bridge with a Hipshot Kickass Bridge.

4. The tuning machines have been replaced with all new Hipshot hardware, including a Hipshot Xtender on the E so you can drop to D at the flick of a switch. I'll ship the old ones as well if I can find them.

5. I sanded the gloss off the back of the neck. I hate gloss finish necks - chastise me if you will, but it plays much nicer now!

I tried to capture the two blemishes I can find on this guy - small nick on the bottom of the body, and some nicks around the e-string on the fretboard. Doesn't affect the playability. The frets and fretboard show a bit of wear, but nothing that affects the tone or the playability. The bass plays great, and I sort of want to keep it and keep working on it, but I could use the funds for a new garage and I really just have too many basses. Comes with a fairly thin gig bag that came with it, but will ship securely, tracked and insured.

Price includes shipping to CONUS. Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    Price drop!

3. So...the 2 ..9 Volt batteries... under the pickguard??

4. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    There's a separate compartment on the back of the body for them. You can kind of see it on the back of the neck photo.

Laurie Bass likes this.
  5. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    Final price drop. Motivated to sell, daddy needs to fix a flooded basement and a crappy garage! :roflmao::crying:

6. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Great deal!!!!

TonyRo likes this.
  7. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    I'm trying man! :D

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021