1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender Super Twin 180W Tube Head

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Charley Umbria, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Charley Umbria

Charley Umbria I'm Really a Drummer Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    Price:
    $550.00
    Up for sale is a 1975 Fender Super Twin tube amp, housed in a MojoTone head case. This amp is 180 watts of beautiful, clean, LOUD Fender tone, with a unique rotary EQ section. Since owning this head, I've had it serviced by Vintage Bliss Amplification in Nashville, where they replaced all six power tubes with a matched set of JJ 6L6GCs and swapped some of the failing EQ caps to bring the amp closer to Studio Bass specs. Needless to say, it sounds better than ever!

The new tubes have less than 20 hours of use, so they've got plenty of life left. The case is in very good condition, with only some minor separation of the Tolex along the top end seams. The amp has a grounded power cord, and will ship with a three-foot 12-gauge Whirlwind 1/4" to Speakon speaker cord, plus the almost-impossible-to-find original Fender dual foot switch, which controls the EQ and the (very scary) distortion circuit. I'll also include a second front baffle, which is covered with Fender silver grille cloth.

Here's a TB thread with some excellent information about these amps. Don't let the 180 watt rating fool you. This amp is L-O-U-D! I've used it with both a 215 and a 610 cab, and it will easily keep up with a full five-piece rock band.

I'm asking $550.00, and would prefer a local sale. However, I'd be willing to split the actual packing and shipping costs with the buyer. I prefer PayPal; but if you're within an hour's drive of Nashville, TN, I can meet you and will offer a cash discount. Please PM with any questions.

The Fender Bassman 610 Neo cabinet in the photos does not come with the Super Twin head, but is also for sale here. A package discount is available!

i-vPtLFNp-L.
    Link to HUGE full-sized pic here.

i-csKQz8Z-XL.

i-GX3BzKX-XL.

i-jVb7QXf-XL.

i-7cD9bRz-XL.
    Link to HUGE full-sized pic here.

i-9JND79N-XL.

i-5KBJZQk-XL.

i-3hRPM8M-XL.

i-qPdGcp6-X2.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Clean and deadly! I've never played one but am familiar with their reputation. GLWTS!!!

3. Charley Umbria

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    The amp is currently on hold, pending payment from a local buyer.

4. Charley Umbria

Jan 28, 2011
    Rock City, TN
    ...and SOLD!

5. TwoGearGeeks

TwoGearGeeks

Sep 25, 2009
    Seattle
    That went fast.

6. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member