1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: 1984 Zon Legacy Elite I

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 4stringrob, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    This is my last bass for sale, which has been my backup bass. There is a bass I want that's for sale so it is priced for a quick sale. The bass is in great condition for a 28 year old bass. There are a couple of dings on the body, but the graphite on the back is in fantastic shape (no flaking or chips like I've seen on others). Has the original Zon pickup and electronics, which I believe is the Bartolini EZ-Q system (one knob is volume, and the 3-way toggle switch is a Bass/Mid/Treble frequency selection, which the second knob boosts). Takes 1 9V battery. I've attached a lot of pics to show the 3 dings on the front of the body. There is some light wear on the graphite on the headstock, but nothing gruesome. The OHSC is in very good condition with just a couple of small tears in the outer lining. The strings are over a year old and there is some minor fret buzz on the 1st fret of the G string if played hard, so this bass will need a new set of strings and a setup. Priced at $1400 shipped accordingly. *** UPDATE 07/21/2012 *** Took bass to luthier today for setup so I could post "no fret buzz", he said frets are shot and fret buzz would not go away without a refret ($250-$300 job). The bass I want to buy is still for sale, so I've reduced the price to $850 shipped, paypal preferred. This is an excellent bass, and if you have the patience for a refret job this is a very good price.
    Zon-1.
    Zon-2.

mrpatrick54 likes this.
  2. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Dings near knobs and upper horn:
    Zon-3.
    Zon-4.

3. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Ding on lower part of body, close up of headstock front:
    Zon-5.
    Zon-6.

4. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Back of body, back of neck:
    Zon-7.
    Zon-8.

5. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    OHSC:
    Zon-9.

6. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    And just in case it's not clear from the pics, it's a Legacy Elite I with a maple and poplar body encased in a graphite shell with a set-in graphite neck. It is not the bolt-on Legacy Standard version. Bridge and tuners are Schaller.

7. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Jaydee Basses
    Pretty cool...wish you wanted trades.

8. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Took the bass to local luthier for a setup today, he said the bass requires a refret ($250-$300 job). The bass I'm dying to buy is still for sale, so for a very short time I will have this for sale for $950 shipped. As always, paypal preferred. I've owned 2 other early '80s Zon Legacy basses, one bolt on and one Elite like this one, and despite the minor dings in the body this is the best condition I've seen on one.

9. 4stringrob

4stringrob

Jul 16, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    price reduction bump. $850 shipped.

10. Hund Basses

Hund Basses

May 17, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Payment sent

11. 4stringrob

4stringrob