1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Ampeg SVT-CL or SVT-4 Pro

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MetroBass, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Hatred obscures all distinctions.
    The economy is forcing me to move into a smaller abode and as part of the downsizing I have to liquidate one of my beast.
    I'm selling either the SVT-CL ($700) or SVT-4 Pro ($650). The one that doesn't sell I'll keep. Both are in excellent shape and sound amazing.

The SVT-CL doesn't need any introduction. Look on the stages of most great bassists and you'll find one there. The power tubes on this baby were replaced last October. They probably have a little over 50 hours total use on them. All in my home. Installed and serviced by a reputable sound company in San Diego. Amp biases without a problem and is plenty loud, gritty and full of that Ampeg tone.

IMO: The SVT-4 Pro is the closest to the CL that I've found. This amp is another beast - 1200W mono blocked, fully configurable and bi-ampable the SVT-4PRO offers an expansive palette of tonal options. The Frequency control allows you to select the center frequency for the Midrange control, giving you five distinct voicing options for the Midrange. And if that’s not enough, you can use the 9-Band Graphic EQ to fine-tune your sound—or use it to set up a footswitchable “second channel” with a volume boost for your bass solo.

I also have a GB 9.0 and there is absolutely no comparision between the 9.0 and either of these beast. Ampeg whens that battle easily.

Both amps are in excellent condition - never giged or subjected to a smoke. Plenty of picture upon request.

If you're in the LA area I will drive as far as Irvine for a dropoff.

Shipping costs will be the responsiblity of the buyer.

Rockon!

2. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Few Pictures SVT 4 Pro:

Attached Files:

3. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    Few pictures of SVT-CL

Attached Files:

4. MetroBass

MetroBass

Mar 26, 2008
    South of LA
    CL - Now $700.00: U pay actual cost for shipping.

SVT4-Pro- Now $650.00: U pay actual cost of shipping.

5. AoaAllDay

AoaAllDay

Aug 25, 2012
    I have been looking for a used Classic on ebay and craigslist and all the good deals seem to be local pick up only =[

Im from MA and 100% interested in your SVT Classic. Wanna just give me a little info on it? (How long you've had it, maintence, etc?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.