1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: DiMarzio Model J pickup set DP123

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by chunger, Oct 21, 2010.

1. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    SOLD!!

I have a pair of DiMarzios that were purchased for pickup testing. These ended up getting replaced by some Nordstrand NJ4SE's, so I'm selling.

$60.00 shipped

These were purchased used here on forum a while ago at $80. The leads were said to be longer than actual ("plenty"). I found installation to be slightly tighter than I would have liked on a 4 wire push/push push/pull push/pull arrangement, but I did not cut the leads any more, and it all went in fine. Just not with Uber slack that I usually like to leave.

p627509877.jpg

These pickups sound like this (actual recordings of pickups being sold):

stats.png

stats.png

stats.png

Bass is SX with maple fretboard. Fanatastic Voyage is recorded with pickups globally in series. Come on Come over recorded bridge pickup solo'd.

2. jgiroux

jgiroux

Jan 5, 2009
    Quebec
    Hi. would you ship to Qu├ębec, Canada. Postal Code G3A2J2.
    Can you provide a link to the control set-up you've been using

Thanks

Jean

3. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Nice playing bump!

4. chunger

chunger

Jan 10, 2006
    Albany, CA
    Chunger basses by Studio 939
    My control scheme. . . passive. Credit to Line6man on forum for providing the diagram. I just re-drew it for the DP123 to keep things straight for myself.

p245184179-6.jpg

p1040250423-6.jpg

Position 1: Neck pup volume pot. PUSH-->Neck pup series, Pull-->Neck pup parallel

Position 2: Bridge pup volume pot. PUSH-->Bridge pup series, Pull-->Bridge pup parallel

Position 3: Tone knob. PUSH--> normal jazz bass parallel between 2 pickups, PULL--> Global series mode (both pickups in series through volume pot at position 1)

5. Not a huge fan of the pups (played then once) but here they sound fantastic.

Here is your "I'll never get an SX to sound that good no matter what pickups are in there" bump. Excellent playing!

6. bassobrutto

bassobrutto Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    PM sent.