1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Dingwall Combustion - CAG

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vigor318, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vigor318

vigor318

Mar 29, 2011
    Virginia
    Selling a Dingwall Combustion that I purchased on here from FCM3 back in October of last year.

As you're likely already aware, the Combustion features a 34-37" scale length. It's surprisingly natural feeling and takes very little time to get use to it. The extended scale length really does provide a lot of extra clarity on the low end, in addition to having more even string tension.

This particular Dingwall does feature a couple (sorry, I have to go here..) dings that can be seen in the photos at the following URL.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104398...&authkey=Gv1sRgCIjklqax49SIAw&feat=directlink

It's on the backside of the bass just below the pick up jack. Additionally there's just a slight bump at the tip of the head stock and some marring on the pick up cover from the string occasionally touching it.

Aside from that, everything on the bass is fully functional and in beautiful condition. The photos don't do the green justice.. it's really green! But has a surprising amount of depth to it for being so bright.

I'm selling it because it's more bass than I can handle. I enjoy rocking out live and do find that the fanned fret adds an element of difficulty when doing larger stretches while moving around. I also find myself nervous about damaging it live. I'd rather see it go to a good home where it will receive the care and love a bass like this deserves.

Asking for 850 shipped CONUS.
    I'm in northern VA will gladly lower the price for a local transaction.

Thanks!

IMG_6938.

2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I got a serious Tone Jones and you're not making it any easier. Although being a 5 helps keep me away. But that color really sticks out in a crowd. I should be focused on a P but I've seen so many cool basses. And a lot of them are green.

I do not recall ever having had a green bass. I bet people remember you after showing up with this!

3. rstellar13

rstellar13 Sarcastic Panda

Sep 2, 2012
    Allentown, PA
    Trades?

4. vigor318

vigor318

Mar 29, 2011
    Virginia
    The color and the fanned frets brings on a plethora of questions every show. Honestly I wasn't too sure about the green when I bought it, but as soon as I opened the box and saw it, I was in love.

Unfortunately I'm not looking for trades at the moment. ...I probably should have thought about that before purchasing it's replacement. Doh!

5. Pm sent

6. brotherbassj

brotherbassj

Sep 20, 2008
    Virginia
    Jim Dunlop USA, King Kong Cases, Golden Eagle Energy Drink
    Interested, PM coming

7. AATTWDIS

AATTWDIS

Mar 7, 2013
    PM'd

8. vigor318