1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Elrick Gold Classic 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Kyler_Welsch, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Kyler_Welsch

Kyler_Welsch

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    For sale is my Elrick Gold Classic 5. I would really love to keep this bad boy but if I let this guy go now, that's one month sooner to being out of debt, and the sooner that's done, the sooner I can get more basses. Once I can I'll probably get this same thing but an E-vo and four string. When I found this I was actually looking for a four but when I picked this up, the neck was so smooth and the shape so amazing, it played like a four string. According to the bathroom scale, it's 8 lbs even. The weight is distributed very well because this is bar none the (seemingly) lightest bass I've ever held. When on a strap it hangs at about 2 o' clock.

It's all the standard options of an Elrick with upgraded options of Burled Maple top and Bartolini soap-bars. 35" inch scale, Bartolini NTMB 3-band preamp with active passive switch and three way mid-selector, ash body, burled maple top, accent laminate (looks like wenge), maple neck, wenge fingerboard, matching headstock, black hardware. Also comes with Elrick hardshell case in perfect condition, truss-rod tool, and a small allen-screwdriver to adjust the gain on the preamp. I don't have strap-locks but they are standard Dunlops you can pick up just about anywhere.

It could use a good wax, I've only had it a few months and never got around to getting the wax and doing it, what with the graveyard shift and all. :spit: For full disclosure, there is a photo of the neck pocket and it looks like the neck and body are separating, but I showed it to my tech and he said it looks like a neck shim or something is in there. It goes from tight or the thickness of a sheet of paper on the treble side, to maybe 1/32" on the bass side. I would take it apart and see what's up but the action is ridiculously low and perfect, and the gap doesn't shrink or grow if you put pressure on it, so I figured why mess up a good thing? If anyone is really curious and interested I would be willing to pull it apart and see what's up. Asking $1800+ shipping. Please don't temp me with trade offers. :D

Photos:
    http://s554.photobucket.com/albums/jj429/Kyler_Welsch/

2. I. WANT. Nice bass right there!

3. Kyler_Welsch

Kyler_Welsch

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Added a few more photos of the neck pocket issue before I took off the neck, not sure if they really help though. As I was about to take pictures of the neck heel off of the body my battery died in my camera. It's charging now so once it's ready I'll get some photos up of that. I don't have a straightedge but using my "former carpenter's eyeball" it looks like the point at which the last neck bolt is placed, the neck is "bent." I use that word loosely because it isn't exactly, and whatever it happens to be is only VEEERY slightly. I don't exactly know the best way to describe what seems to me to be going on here. It's as though the bulk of the heel is being held in place by the neck bolts, and the rest of the neck is being held in place by the truss rod, leaving the small point between those two places the ability to move forward.

I just put the neck back on and strung it/tuned it and it is tight against the body on the treble side, and the bass side, I can barely get the tip of my fingernail in the gap. The action is still ridiculously low with no buzzing, and it's still effortless to fret the notes.

4. bewater

bewater

Nov 18, 2006
    Barcelona (Spain)
    new PM sent about shipping costs. Did you receive it?

5. Kyler_Welsch

Kyler_Welsch

Jan 14, 2009
    Richland, WA
    Bass is on it's way to a new home.