SOLD FS:FRANKINSTEIN G.W. FRETLESS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by clmjlg, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    I hate to have to sale this but i need some cash. This is a 4 string unlined, unmarked fretless bass. I got this bass through a trade about a year ago and i love it, but again i need the money right now. I wanted a bass that sounded deep and close to an upright bass. This bass did all that and more. It plays great. Here is the site to see a look, my camera is broken but will have more pics up by the weekend. I will put the description from the website under the site as well.

http://www.frankinsteinguitarworks.com/images/terry_01.jpg

"It features a super figured black walnut top on a one piece Spanish cedar back and a fretless mahogany neck with a striped walnut fretboard. The acoustic style bridge has a piezo pickup with an active EQ built into the upper bout of the bass. Grover tuners connect the black tapewound strings through a black Corian nut. The finish is an ultra thin sealer with carnauba wax..... smooth like the playing action. The tone is very deep and acoustic; the lack of visible knobs and controls will stir up a lot of questions and attention."

Im looking for $1300,plus i will send a set of Dr flats for free, but i might go lower if you want to try to give a number. So pm me if interested. Again will have real pics this week.

2. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
  3. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bump for a really unique looking instrument. Wish i had the cash for this, very Rob Allen-like but a bit more "gothic". Any interest in amp trades?

4. WarriorJoe7

WarriorJoe7 Inactive

Mar 12, 2004
    Syracuse, NY
  5. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Nice bass.
    Your original price was $1300.
    You say price drop?
    But it's still $1300. (Is this misprint)

What is scale of bass?

6. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    Well its still here. Again, same price 1200, but if you ask nice enough and dont have the money i will work with you one the 1100.
    Bump again.

7. lovefist

lovefist

Mar 27, 2008
    PM sent

8. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    What's the scale length?

9. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    bump, open to trade options again the other proposal isnt going forward anymore. I am really interested in a jerry scheff lakland if anyone wants to go that route.

10. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    alright i will sell this bass for 800, that is as low as i can get it.

11. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    bump, and finally over 3000, i consider that a milestone.

12. first, is it still for sale?
    second, is it a set neck? or? I don't see any neckplate or screws and ferrules to hold the neck on.
    How is the walnut fingerboard finished? is it epoxied or oiled or varnished or ?
    what controls are in that control panel, I couldn't tell from the photo.
    thanks

13. nrssab

nrssab

Jun 28, 2006
    Germany
    Are there more pics available?
    I'd love to see!

Edit: sorry havn't seen the second post carefully!

What is you're final price?
    Would you ship international?

14. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    well the buyer had to back out, dang economy, but no hard feelings here. So its still for sale and going to as low as 800 with shipping or 1000 with free shipping.

15. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    Bump. I'm really interested in bongos and laklands for trades. Buyer would be better but I'm willing for anything today

16. clmjlg

clmjlg

Feb 8, 2008
    Bump. Give this a nice home someone.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.