1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT 2002 Lakland 44-02D Cherryburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Texan, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I have two 44-02D's and this one simply does not get played. It is cherryburst and has the original Bartolini pickups and preamp, the back of the headstock is signed by Stu Hamm. The PO installed a pickguard and did use screws to secure it. When the PG is off, the screw holes are not too noticible. about 6 months ago, the neck developed a VERY slight twist which I had a local luthier fix. Lakland quoted me $175 for a "b" stock neck, my luthier charged me $100. The action is still nice and low, the sound is very sweet. Comes with a case. I am asking $800 plus shipping or will trade for a Lakland 44-60 preferably white or sunburst with a bound and blocked neck. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMAG0515.

IMAG0514.

IMAG0541.

IMAG0620.

2. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    love the cherryburst, Texan. Great bass, the Barts are great sounding pickups. Good luck with the sale.

3. Rizzle bizzle

Rizzle bizzle

Oct 15, 2011
  4. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    UP!!!

5. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    Wow, nice looking Lakland.

How did your luthier, uh, untwist the neck? :)

6. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Clamps, humidifier and heat from what I understand. The twist was VERY slight. Laklands are supposed to be able to be setup with .008" relief, this neck could only go to .011" before buzzing. After he treated it for about 4 weeks all is well. Because the twist was so slight, at least according to him, it was successful. Any more and he said it would have been 50/50.

7. Texan

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Decided to keep it, this was my first Lakie...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.