1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Avatar 2x12 NEO 8-ohm, will ship

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by MooseLumps, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    SOLD

I have an Avatar 2x12 Neo Speaker cab with carpet and metal grill. It's a truly great cab, but I have to pay bills. As such I'd like to keep this local (~1-2 hrs of Moscow, ID) if possible, but I'll try to find a service that will ship for less than $153. (Update. I took the cab into FedEx and they want $142, but both these quotes are to NY, so the closer you live the better the rate will likely be) (I took it into the UPS store and walked out with that price and a bad taste in my mouth. Coincidentally if you have any advice on shipping this bad boy, speak up.)

It's broken in, but not used for more than a few rehearsals and some home practice. Tweeter is pretty well behaved in this unit. Quote from recent PM

"This cab is in excellent working order. I say excellent because many complain about tweeter hiss with these cabs, but the tweeter in my cab seems to be rather well behaved. It will hiss if cranked, but halfway up you would hardly know it was on except for the sibilant, shimmering highs, that is ;-)

Cosmetically, I'll give it an 8/10. a little dust(which I'll endeavor to remove) and some scuffing on the plastic corners. Maybe one rub on the carpet.

This cab will take 480 watts and smile at you. I've been running it at 500(not at extreme volume, but with a 500 watt head in the basement)

I was running this unit with a 2x10 from Avatar on top, and it sounded killer. You will be pleased. I ran it bi-amped and full range and both just slew me. It was bliss. Too bad I have to pay bills.

If your friend has a shipping dock a this place of work, it can save you $$$ on the shipping. Let me know so I can get a tailored quote to you.
    "

[​IMG]

Stock Picture for reference, More on request.
    Here is the link to Avatar's website with full specs on this cab.

$250+ actual shipping

2. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Oops forgot my standard trade notice!!

trades accepted: Just about everything of value
    *Looking for a trace 12 band preamp*
    partial trade towards a Carvin BX1200/BX600/BX500
    Bass hardcases
    a t-40
    Cables for a pedal board
    a pre amp with a graphic eq
    a dbx 160a/x/xt comp
    AN skb 6 space rack
    Front grille (or other parts)to a mitzu mighty max
    home stereo receiver
    HT speakers
    Guitar stuff
    Effects
    Xbox games
    Make an offer!!

3. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i just shipped a cab at fedex/kinko's. way cheaper. like $80 cheaper. they didn't charge me for packing materials either. and it was a 2x12'er also.

4. tidwel

tidwel

Aug 22, 2007
    Southern Maine
  5. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    That is a neat cab, but i'm trying to pay bills or get into a three way cab, but thanks anyway

6. bump for a great seller. got an avatar 210 from him a couple weeks back and i'm loving it.

7. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Thanks Dave, I really appreciate it.

8. borskeetbass

borskeetbass

Dec 8, 2008
    i'll trade you a really nice ibanez sz520qm?

9. chachorama

chachorama

Jan 15, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    How old is this cab? Does it have the custom LF version of the deltalite speakers and the newer crossover?

10. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Yes. Latest gen LF's and Newer cross-over

11. chachorama

chachorama

Jan 15, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    PM'd

12. PM

Thread Status: