1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Feeler: Pre Fender SWR SM-900

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by asands, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    This is a feeler ad for my recently acquired SM-900. Just picked this up in a local trade. The unit has a bit of interesting history. The bassist I bought this from purchased it from the head of the test lab for SLM (Saint Louis Music) and was told it was used in at SLM for bench testing the Ampeg cabinets when they were still made by SLM. I haven't been able to verify this, but seems very plausible. I was told it was like new before I bought it and that description is right.

For those that don't know this unit, its a beast with a lot of power and a ton of flexibility. This puts out 900 watts at 4 ohms bridged or can be run stereo at 400 watts a side at 4 ohms. Parametric eq with two independent eq sets that can be blended or switched between. This did not come with the eq footswitch when I bought it. Its a sought after pre-Fender unit.

Only one blemish which I tried to photograph as best I could. Admittedly I'm not a very good photographer. Looks like the rack mount handle got bumped and caused just a slight finish blemish near the handle. Can't really see it unless you're looking for it. Other than this, the unit is dead mint. Not even dusty!:D Comes with a Kaces rack bag, which is actually pretty cool, and a power cable. If you have questions about the unit, let me know and I'll find out what I can.

Just a feeler right now, but I'm looking for $600 plus actual shipping via your shipping choice. Cashiers check or money order only. I have never had much luck with Paypal but could try it again if you insist. I believe the unit in the rack bag is roughly 40 lbs. My zipcode is 63379 if you're looking for a shipping estimate. Would knock off a little for a local deal (within an hours drive).

My trade interest is very specific.... Looking for a Genz Benz Shuttle/Shuttle Max/Streamliner plus cash if needed. I really don't need any other gear but you can send me an offer. Worst I'll say is no.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Last pic showing the blemish near the rack handle.

Attached Files:

3. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Price drop to $650 plus actual shipping.

4. I don't think it's overpriced at $650 given it's condition but one recently sold fairly quickly here on TB last week for $450.

5. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    BUMP for a cleaned up thread with a trade update. Looking for a Genz head... prefer a Streamliner or Shuttle. Maybe a Warwick Streamer Pro M or something similar... prefer wenge neck and no Corvettes.... or just make some offers people!

6. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Bump

7. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Bump and $600 for a local TB sale...I know there are some St Louis folks out there..

8. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Bump it up

9. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    $500 local sale is my bottom price. Cash

10. ministerwest

ministerwest