1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT - Limited Edition PRS SC245 PF09

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by chris.gotfunk, Apr 2, 2015.

1. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Price:
    Hello all. A few items I'm interested in a trade for are a Martin OMJM plus cash on my end of course, a Sadowsky 5'er (or 4 with a D-tuner) or other higher end instruments. I can add cash for the right deal and I also have a Dingwall Z2 I am selling/trading as well. Let me know your thoughts.

***SOLD***. I will consider serious offers as I am not firm on my price.

The guitar is in excellent condition and doesn't even appear to have been played much. I'm primarily a bass player, so it's sat in the case 99% of the time I've had it. I'm not much of an electric player and primarily being a bass player who dabbles in guitar, I'd like to get a nice acoustic to play.

This PRS is incredible and of which I believe only 80 or so we're made in this spec. It's a 245 in shape and scale, but it's finished in hand rubbed nitro thin lacquer in what's called Paul's Finish (PF). It's PRS' take on the much lusted after '59 Les Paul. It's got a thick neck, thicker body and screams like no ones business with the 57/08's in it. I have the case and all of the case candy that was included. There is not a mark or ding on it anywhere and plays like a dream.

*Because these are so rare and limited, there isn't much information on them, but I found a good nugget of info below to help explain the guitar.

Here's a bit more information that I found.
    A very small run of around 80 were released at the PRS Experience 2009 show, with all 80 immediately snapped up by dealers. Yes it is based on the regular best selling SC245, but the limited run has served up a few outstanding features that may well ensure that this is indeed the best Singlecut ever - Period - This is partly due to what is tagged 'Paul's finish' hence the PF09 logo on the rear of the headstock - In short it is the same hand rubbed nitro thin lacquer as used on the original Modern Eagle models, as well as the limited edition Dirty 100 models and a few select Private Stock models

The thin nitro 'burst finish helps to deliver a guitar that has a classic and vintage vibe about it, with a pleasant flame top that is not over the top, hence more in keeping with original 59 based Les Paul'' - The finish is buffed up to a nice soft sheen on both the body and neck - A set of bird inlays grace the rosewood fingerboard to complete that pleasing aesthetic package - Only the finest tone woods are chosen for such models.

Yes the rest of the spec is as per a regular SC245, including that milled light weight wrapover bridge/tailpiece that is mounted on a pair of chunky brass string posts to enhance tone and sustain - Even the vintage 'Kluson' style tuners now feature brass string posts - But more to come with regards to features that will considerably enhance the tone - Yes, a pair of the now very much renowned 57/08 PRS humbuckers sit on the cream pick-up rings. Smoldering, warm, lush, smooth and oh so creamy with an abundance of musical expression awaits - Pick it gently and it purrrrrs, pick it hard and it bites - This is simply loaded with emotion, no matter as to the amp setting of clean, crunch or cage rattling overdrive, coupled with sustainnnnnnnnn - Add to this, the taper of the volume and tone pots, giving you the ability to roll of the volume on overdriven amp settings, hence clean up the tone to the required amount and all that creative expression is there for you to enjoy to the max - Even unplugged it sounds like an amazing 'acoustic' instrument that just rings

Sometimes you can spend hours upon hours discussing features, spec's and benefits of certain guitars, yet this time you only need to play it and to listen to it, to know what an awesome instrument it is - I'd be very surprised if we ever see this or indeed one of its 79 brothers ever again so strike whilst you can - Just a final comment, whilst we know PRS spend a lot of time on each guitar to ensure the build quality and attention to detail is beyond that of something special, however I've always believed that when it comes to the 'boutique limited models' that they offer from time to time, they even excel their own high standards, certainly with regard to wood selection - It is though certain maple tops and resonant tone wood mahogany blanks are kept to one side until required for such models

On to the pics.

image1_zpsagmikyrb.

image3_zpsdxkvbra2.

image2_zpssttrx8mk.

image8_zpskibyevte.

image7_zps9cr1qt2l.

image4_zpska3mfks5.

image5_zpsbwgukwqx.

image9_zpsq29kdfec.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  2. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Payday bump

3. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Keep the offers coming. If someone has a Martin OMJM and wants this plus some extra cash, let me know.

4. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Easter bunny hopped away and bumped this up