1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Walter Woods Hi Power (green light)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Stereo Joe, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I recently purchased this Walter Woods to compare with my Clarus head and while there are some definite upsides to the Woods, I decided to hang on to my Clarus for use with a microphone.

This is the Hi Power, green light version of the Electracoustic series: 300 watts @ 8 ohms, 450 watts @ 4 ohms. Based on the serial number inside the amp, this is a 2002 model. It is in good cosmetic condition with the exception of some scuffing and slight paint chips on the exterior, a tiny bit of side panel bending, and a nick in the outer layer of the AC cable that I've wrapped with electrical tape. The inner wires of the AC cable are completely intact.

Functionally, this Woods works excellently. When I received it some of the pots were scratchy but a few turns back and forth took care of this and contact cleaner would probably be a longer lasting solution. This amp sounds great and has the distinctive Woods sound - very crisp and detailed in a pleasing way and the flexible EQ allows a wide range of tone shaping.

I'm asking $975 CAD plus shipping to your destination (fully insured by Canada Post or FedEx, buyer's choice).

I'd also consider trades for some specific gear I'm looking for (+ cash my way where necessary):

1. Lightweight French bow
    2. Acoustic Image Coda EX cab (cabrio version)
    3. Good microphone for bass (except DPA or AMT)
    4. Realist Lifeline pickup
    5. Compact PA speaker (QSC K10, EV XZ1), powered or non-powered

P1040482.
    P1040484.
    P1040485.

2. Bump for price drop.

3. Stellar Talkbass user selling a world-class amp for a bargain price here, folks.

4. Louis90403

Louis90403

Jul 26, 2002
    Tokyo
    PM sent:hyper:

5. jnathanj33

jnathanj33 There are two kinds of music, Good and Bad.

Jan 9, 2011
    Oklahoma
    pm sent too! :bag:

6. Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.