1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT Yamaha BB615 - Excellent condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gregandgail, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I needed a 5 string and I'm a huge Yamaha fan (music and motorsports) so I had to give this bass a try. I bought it as a New-Old-Stock and I love the way it looks and sounds, but I just could not get comfortable playing it. I'm too much of a Fender guy... so it's been sitting for months. Every so often I give it another try, but I have to face facts - it just isn't for me. So, I'm hoping I can find it a new home.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I'll admit that I needed to know what it would sound like as a passive bass. So, I temporarily bypassed the preamp by rewiring the controls. I liked it, but I quickly put it back to it's original active state. Everything is back as it was - working perfectly.

The bass has only left the house once to go to practice. I've never gigged with it and it's in excellent to mint condition. There are no nicks, swirls, or rashes of any kind. There is one spot on the side of the headstock that looked suspiciously like a burn (as in a cigarette stuck between the tuners and allowed to burn down - if that's even possible on a bass) but after many inspections, I'm convinced it's a slight defect in the wood. I'm pretty sure it's a knot. Check out the picture below and decide for yourself. It didn't photograph very well, and it made it look worse than it is.

Specs:
    ------------------------------------
    Construction - Bolt-on
    Scale Length
    - 34" = 864mm
    Fingerboard
    - Rosewood
    Radius
    - 23 5/8" = 600mm
    Frets
    Body
    - Alder
    Neck
    - Maple
    Bridge - Vintage Style
    Pickups - Split Single Coil X 2, Soapbar Single Coil
    Pickup Switch
    - Pickup Balancer
    Controls
    - Master Volume, Balancer, Treble, Bass, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch
    Colors - Pewter

$350 FedEx shipped to CONUS. PayPal preferred.

As for trades, the only things I'm currently interested in are MIM Fender 5 strings or an SX (Essex) Geddy style 5 string. By Geddy style, I mean a black jazz body with the SX black block inlay neck. Obviously an SX trade would have to include some cash unless there were upgrades that increased it's value.

More images can be seen here: http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj256/vashteal/bb615/

Includes lightweight padded gig bag. I'll answer any questions I can as quickly as possible. Thanks for looking!

DSC03218.

DSC03225.

DSC03216.

DSC03220.

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    these are great basses bump!

3. tidwel

tidwel

Aug 22, 2007
    Southern Maine
  4. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm really only looking to sell it outright or trade for another Fender 5 string.

-Greg

5. tidwel

tidwel

Aug 22, 2007
    Southern Maine
    How about a schecter elite 5?

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    I bought one of these for a travel bass. These are great basses for the dough. Good luck with the sale.

7. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    nice bass

8. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Last bump before eBay...

9. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Replied through email....

10. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    All PMs replied to. Since I've been lazy and have not posted it on eBay yet, the bass IS still available. I've gotten a few offers that I would love to complete, but I'm dealing with them on a first-come-first-served basis...

-Greg

11. gregandgail

gregandgail

Dec 15, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Traded to Darkrising! Thanks Ed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.