1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Guild Pilot USA built from 1987 light bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by augiegus, Mar 1, 2013.

1. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    I am selling my Pilot Bass that I have used for the last year. I recently purchased a Warmoth neck for another bass and have not been playing this much. The bass has been played and has a few minor dings to show for it but is ready to go. The EMGs are nice and quiet and deliver a full range of tones.

Solid color Guild Pilots are very light. This one comes in at right at 7 lbs! The bass is nice and comfy to play.

I am asking $400 but please note that though the bass is light the case is not so shipping will be around $50. PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

2. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Great Deal, these are fantastic Basses and used to cost good money back in the 80's.

3. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    That's a sweet looking Pilot! GLWTS

4. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Any dings/impressions on the neck? Like stuff that your thumb would hit?

5. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    There is a small nick on the neck that never bugged me. I figure a person can hit it with a lil sand paper and a lil finish and you'd be good to go. You can see the nick by the horn. The price is low for it is an older bass and does have a flaw on the body horn (you can see it in picture... the lil blue spec). There is no mechanical/electrical problems and I have used it for the last year with no problems. Thanks for the interest will try to load a few more pics.

Attached Files:

6. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    I almost forgot (the bass is boxed up ready to go) on the fingerboard edge on the 6th fret E side there is a dent. It has never bothered my playing and really only noticed it when I took the photos. I also thought I should give a better view of the body for the black hardware is worn. Relic effect from actual use.

Thanks for looking,

Augie

Attached Files:

7. placeboe

placeboe

Aug 22, 2010
    Do you have the original black Schaller bridge?

8. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    I believe everything is original. Checked the other models on Ebay and all the bridges look the same.

9. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    Bump

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If this were a 5 I'd hit it. Gotta Pilot 5 fretless I like a lot!

11. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
    Great basses bump!!

12. basmansam

basmansam Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Vermont
    No one buy this yet?? Great bass for the price!!

13. augiegus

augiegus

Jan 30, 2013
    Charleston, IL
    Sold