1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS International: Surine Regency X 6-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by elros, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Hi,

This is a Surine Regency X six-string bass for sale.
    It's a neck through instrument, the neck is a 7-piece laminated with maple and purpleheart.
    The hollow body is mahogany, with a very nice rosewood top and back.
    Ebony fingerboard with 33 frets.
    35" scale length.
    Gotoh tuners, Schaller strap locks, custom fitted semi-hard case.
    A single Bartolini pickup and piezos in the ABM bridge, through a Bartolini piezo buffer.
    I have installed a Roland GK-KIT-BG which works perfectly.

This bass is built in 2002 (IIRC) and has been with me for two and a half years now, it has served me very well through many gigs and tours. It shows some wear and tear cosmetically. Structurally it is, as far as I can tell, tip top. Plays very well, too, but there's a bit uneven action over the extended fingerboard (above 24st fret). I never really play there anyway. :rolleyes: But it looks cool.

Two photos, click for high-resolution:

Here are some more photos but note that these are from before the GK installation.
    I'll snap some new photos of it next week.

Sound clips:
    Magnetic pickup
    Piezo pickup
    Piezo pickup again

Price: USD $2,100 firm. Excluding shipping. (the bass is in Norway) Open for international sale. Norwegian price NOK 15.000 - USD price calculated Marc 14th.
    New retail price on one like this is USD $7995 (according to the web site). I've put the price this low because of the cosmetic condition, and because its electronics has been modified.

Why am I selling? :help:
    Well I don't have any gigs. And I need the money, as I am moving and getting married. I've listed some other basses for sale as well. I'm thinking that I'll keep one of them, and it'll be the one that is left. Here are the others:
    Benavente Vortex 6-string
    Conklin Sidewinder 9-string

No trades, I'm doing this only because I need the money. It's a lovely instrument, and I would honestly rather keep it. And if nobody is insterested, I will. :hyper:

In the unlikely event that all my basses are sold, I'll have to buy a new one. That'd be fun.

2. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
  3. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Curious as to why you installed the Roland pickup? Couldn't you have used the GraphTech Ghost Hexpander MIDI adapter?

4. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    I asked GraphTech about this, they said that their unit was made for use with their own piezo pickups only.
    And I'm not sure why - either it was too expensive, or their stuff wasn't available for the ABM bridge.... or both? ... but I decided to install the Roland unit instead, because I knew it would work well. Also, at first I had an outboard GK-2B installed.
    ah now I remember: the Norwegian dealer for GraphTech weren't very helpful, I asked for a price quote and they never got back to me. ....... or ... was that perhaps regarding my 4-string Warmoth? ... I must be getting old.

Here's a photo of the GK-2B on the Surine anyway. It worked well but looked butt ugly.
    DSC00259.

5. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Bump for a great guy and a beautiful instrument. yikes that's a work of art.

6. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Thanks Dan!

Bump!

And remember : if this is still not sold in a month or two ---- I'll keep it! :)

7. Kevin W Guin

Kevin W Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    Don't-Do-It bump

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Feeling more and more like keeping them all!

9. mr. zero

mr. zero

Sep 21, 2001
    Lansdale, PA
    Don't get too discouraged. With the economy in the dumper, the exotic stuff is going to take extra long to sell.

10. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    This one is still available for sale if someone is interested. No rush though, the wedding is all paid for. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.