1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: LAKLAND 5502 SKYLINE 3TONE/MAPLE NECK $940

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dezter, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    You are looking at a beautiful 2008 Lakland Skyline 55-02, equipped with Lakland PUPS and Bartolini preamp. The frets are plekked in Chicago and the action is set extremely low, with new DR strings (very fast neck and easy to play). As you can see the neck is maple, bolted onto an ash (i believe) body in Sunburst. The wood grain is the BEST I've seen..Lakland does an immaculate job finishing these basses.

I am the second owner of this bass and I've had it for about a year or so. The original owner is Matt Young from Chicago, who plays for the Mattyoungband (check him out playing this bass: http://www.youtube.com/user/mattyoungbass#p/u/0/RNlh2mUNJBk). I looked at his videos before I bought it and it confirmed my decision to buy it. Matt is definately a seasoned professional who knew what he was buying, when he hand picked this bass at the lakland shop in chicago. You can also check out his youtube page and hear him play this bass in other songs too. PLEASE NOTE: In his videos, the bass was before I bought it so there was no black pickguard on it.

I didn't want to scratch the bass playing slap so I added a bwb jeanine pickguard, shortly after I bought it, giving it a nice accent. I also purchased a Hardshell case directly from Lakland to keep it protected. The pickguard is NOT screwed in but doubled sided taped, so the next owner can take it off if wanted. However the pickguard does have some faint scratches on it and is faded underneath the g-string where I rest my fingers to slap. The case has a few scuffs and very slight tears on the tolex (bottom side), but is in very nice shape. The case was $115 and the pickguard was a $60 upgrade.

I will probably regret selling this bass but I can't justify myself holding on to 2 basses. I just picked up a sweet deal on a Fender p-bass and neither bass get much attention, so one's gotta go.

If you have any questions let me know and I'll get back to you. More pictures upon request...

Asking price [DEL]$1050[/DEL] $940obo shipped to CONUS..including HSC and hsc key.

Price is dropped due to one pup screw hole being stripped (bottom humbucker), which should be an easy fix with proper extracting tools, and to ensure a quick sale!

Pictures can be seen at:

http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n539/dezter1/

Thanks!

Paypal, money order or personal checks (will wait until cleared before shipping)

sale is final, no returns

2. I can vouch for Dao. He is an honest and upstanding guy. Very easy to deal with. i would never hesitate to deal with him.

Peace
    Dave

3. OmegaBass16

OmegaBass16

Jul 15, 2008
    What do it weigh?

4. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    The weight is approximately 9.5lbs on my scale...

5. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    Weekend Bump...

6. free bump

7. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    Bump...best offer

8. feelinlow

feelinlow Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Bay Area/Northern, CA.
    Any pics without the pickguard? Is there holes in the bass for the pickguard?

9. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    No, I did not drill any holes for the pickguard. I heard people using double sided tape, so i tried that and it worked. The wood and finish underneath the pickguard is excellent, which is why I used the pickguard (to preserve it).

10. BUMP for a great bass. Owned one of these back in '04, same color and neck...amazing sound...

11. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    Thanks Johndough247!

All pm's have been replied to...

12. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    Thanks for all the replies...bass has been SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.