1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS Only: Tacoma Thunderchief CB10 Fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pjornales, May 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjornales

pjornales

Nov 26, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    SOLD! Up for sale is the best acoustic bass that I have ever played--the Tacoma Thunderchief CB10. This instrument is equipped with the standard sitka spruce top/mahogany back & sides, The original L.R. Baggs piezo pickup & EQ, a beautiful ebony fretboard, incredible low action (setup fantastically) and of course the icing on the cake--this bass is fretless; which means you get an even closer to sounding like a true upright.

While this bass sounds amazing, it is not cosmetically perfect. Please take note of what I found (also see pictures):

1) There appears to be a minor crack forming between the neck and the pickguard. Also notice a few fingernail indentations (barely noticeable from a distance as you can see in other pics).

2) There are a few dings (not deep) at the bottom of the instrument.

3) The L.R. Baggs volume knob seems to only work at full volume. In other words, there seems to be no in between--just off and/or "all the way up"

4) The HSC is not original and its handle is tightly zip tied to keep it from falling off.

http://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg597/pjornales/Tacoma Thunderchief/

I purchased this acoustic last year and had wished the original owner was as honest as I am being with you. In inherited the bass with a lot more issues than he described.

But don't get me wrong, I looooveee this acoustic. I'm just needing to downsize my collection right now. It plays well and sounds genuine and honest--two qualities that are great for anyone.

Hopefully, this CB10 can find an owner who can play her and enjoy her more often. Asking for $625 shipping included. Please, no trade offers.

PM me if interested and thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Bump for honesty...

I hear these are one of the loudest acoustic basses when used unplugged...

fyi in case you didn't know... the "C207" in the serial number means it was produced on the 207th day of 1999. D=2000, E=2001 etc...

Haven't seen too many fretless ones up for sale. somebody grab it quick

3. pjornales

pjornales

Nov 26, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    With the right strings, this acoustic can project. Right now, it is stringed with Thomastik flatwounds so the "punch" is not as vivid. Thanks for the lesson! I am happy to know when she was born. I appreciate that!

4. pjornales

pjornales

Nov 26, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Price Drop Bump!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.