1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS ONLY Warrior 6 NT Custom "One-Off" w/OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dave79, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

FS ONLY

I just got this re-fretted last week and it plays like butter, it's in almost new condition aside from the tiny chips on the side of the board from the re-fret. Also my luthier appears to have busted the lock on the case to some degree :(

Here's the original description from when it sold for somewhere around $3500 on Ebay a year ago(if memory serves)

"~WARRIOR CUSTOM SHOP "ONE OFF" 6 STRING BASS~

(UP FOR SALE - 1 1/2 YRS OLD)

Body shape specially designed for me only. . .including extra thick/ deep carved exhibition grade quilt maple top.
    Flame maple/purple heart neck thru construction - mahogany body. All woods aprox. 150 years old.
    Matching quilt maple headstock - ebony fretboard - entire finish front and back trans blue burst.
    Blue/white swirl custom inlays - Bartolini 18 volt preamp with Bartolini soapbar and dual coil thin soap at bridge.
    Counter-sunk control knobs(black) and mid switch(black) - Brass bridge(black).
    Counter- strap locks and locking 1/4" jack
    Ultra light gotoh tuners(black)
    Paid $8,000.00 Only one of its kind w/serial number to prove it - don't miss out on this one. . .this is one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" that you wished came your way. This thing is absolutely breath taking to behold in person!!! NECK PROFILE MAKES THIS BABY PLAY WITH THE COMFORT OF A 5-STRING!!!!

With the hard case pictured which has humidity control capabilities as well as an attached black velvet "shroud" to cover bass within case."

$2,750 Shipped

7164718003_ea138bf29b_c.jpg
    7349929354_17ae80ebf5_c.jpg
    7349929232_7b79e97040_c.jpg
    7164717765_1183d77dc3_c.jpg
    7349929074_dbcbb87347_c.jpg
    7349929022_96a480bb0a_c.jpg
    7164717477_0cde01899b_c.jpg
    7164717447_be9df7e735_c.jpg

2. Wow!!!.....wow

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Holy crap! That is beauty!

4. mojojim

mojojim

Feb 25, 2004
    A few questions.

Why did it need to be refretted?

Who did the refret job?

Weight?

String spacing at the bridge?

What do you wish to buy to replace it?

What is the word at the 12th fret position?

Wow. You have our attention! :D

5. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Frets on it were a wreck, work done by Bishop who is Charlottesville's main guy. I bought a Raptor, only wishing to pay off the card. Says Dionisio. Other stuff I'll get back with. Someone local may be buying it.

6. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Wow! Stunning! Wish I had the cash...good luck with sale. I'm sure it won't be around long!

7. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    34" or 35" scale? And has been said before, WOW!

8. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

34", also the E and B strings can string through the body...looks like my luthier cut these ones too short to do that though

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

9.6lb and appears to be 18.5mm

10. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

$2750 Shipped

11. thigmotaxic

thigmotaxic Inactive

Feb 15, 2011
    Holy sh@$ it looks like Robocop. Seriously though these are incredible basses. The only thing that was able to put an end to my compulsive bass purchases was acquiring a Warrior 7 string. Haven't bought another bass since. Glwts

12. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Bump, and a note I think I'll be adding to all my sales: Please do not make offers if you do not have the money. Some people just don't get this. I spend 20 minutes pacing around the house trying to decide if I'll make a deal or not, then concede to the person's wishes only to find out that they are waiting for "x" amount of their gear to sell or that they might have the money in a week or two. It is not a good thing to do.

13. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

bump

14. EndofSilence

EndofSilence

Jul 11, 2012
    PM'd

15. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

SOLD and headed to the UK. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.