1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Peavey Cirrus 5 string maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 1960LesPaul, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Almost a mint guitar. I won't give it the 100% mint label because there isn't such a thing. This is by far the prettiest guitar I own. My sucky camera and poor photography skills ruin it but regardless here she is. I never thought I would sell it but I am a guitar player first and I already have another Cirrus 5er and a Fury 5er. My hands were literally shaking at the thought of selling it but I have an amp crush on a Splawn Nitro and I gotta have it. This one is the nicest and give me more bang for the buck. Anyway very close to mint and a very close to mint case. Price dropped to 850.00 shipped conus. Sorry I don't know all of the woods used in it. I have a brand new Peavey preamp that has the sweepable mids. I believe they use these in the custom shop basses which I think is the only difference. I was going to install it back in my 4stg Cirrus but have decided to leave the EMG's in there so I will include that preamp as well. The existing pre works perfectly. The new one has the sweepable mids which is the only difference. Maple top/alder body. 5 piece maple/purpleheart neck. Pau Ferro fretboard. Thanks Ryan

2. More pics

3. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    What is the neck width at the nut?

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Little help with the woods on your bass:

Maple top/alder body
    5 piece maple/purpleheart neck
    Pau Ferro fretboard

(I've owned two identical to this one;))

5. Thanks Ryan. I had an idea but since I didn't know for sure I didn't want to say. The nut from edge to edge is 1.75. You know you all can make offers too lol. I don't have the cooties.

6. Bump for a fine bass.

7. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Gotta bump for a bass I'd love to have!

8. finn74

finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    Washington DC Area
    PM sent

9. VERY Very fair price! I am not into the natural finishes or this would already be on it's way to the Brew City.
    This is a fantastic bass!!!
    I'm suprised that "Spades" hasn't chimed in on this!!!

10. Alright final price drop. 850.00 shipped with new preamp!!!! If it doesn't sell at 850.00 then I will pull the ad.

11. finn74

finn74

Nov 28, 2001
    Washington DC Area
    PM sent

12. Stee Flo

Stee Flo

Dec 7, 2007
    VA
    Bump for a good deal on a great bass. If I had money to spare I would love to have a cirrus again. :bassist: Good luck, great looking bass btw.

13. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

This is one of the most underrated and undervalued basses ever made IMO. If this said something other than Peavey on the headstock, it would easily be $2k+.

Bump for an amazing bass at a great price!

14. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    I came very close to buying one just like this but that was when I was in my G&L discovery phase.

These-are-fantastic-basses-and-if-I-didn't-already-have-too-many,-with-several-instruments-up-for-sale-now,-I'd-definitely-be-pm'ing-you-bump.

I hope someone brings one to the NYC GTG this August!

15. Well since this sale has been an utter failure lol I am pulling the bass. Maybe I will try again in a better market. But if a close to mint 5stg doesn't sell when it's priced near a 4stg then it's time to re-evaluate things lol. PM me or respond to this post it someone wants to make an offer in the future. Thanks to all who made comments and bumped my thread.

16. revlimitbounce

revlimitbounce Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2007
    AZ
    Hey Les:

What's the weight of this bass?

Since you're a guitarist, I might have some guitar trade bait for ya. I'll PM you in a minute.

17. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Illinois
    Pm'd, I'll take it if it's still available.

18. PM replied synterx

19. SOLD