1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS: Peavey T-40 Black/Rosewood.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheFantod, Oct 9, 2010.

1. TheFantod

TheFantod #5 of the Pentaverate. Took Col. Sanders' spot.

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Some of you may remember a fellow TB'er snagging this "Dream Bass" for me back in the Spring. I had wanted one for the longest time. Well I got it, fixed it up, and it's done nothing but sit on my wall since. I've already got one in Ash, so there's really no need for me to keep it.

It's not in mint condition. There are some dings on the end of the headstock, some buckle rash on the back, and a two small dings on the back of the neck. There are also some places where the finish is a bit worn. I've tried to include pics of "problem" areas. However, none of these affect the sound/playability.

One of the pickup rings is cracked. But when screwed down, the crack is invisible to the naked eye. Pickup ring screws have all been replaced with brand new brass screws. Also, a couple of the pickup height screws have stripped heads, but nothing major.

T-40's are notorious for broken toggle switches. An earlier owner had replaced them with some huge, ugly, monstrous things, and also altered the pickguard. I pulled them out, replaced them with some more accurate switches, and put in a brand new pickguard.

Lastly, I put on some brand new DR Marcus Miller Fat Beams.
    Bathroom scale reads approx. 11.4 pounds, which is pretty much on par for a T-40.

OHSC is included. Case is slightly warped as shown in the picture. But it closes with zero difficulty.

I'm asking $350 SHIPPED anywhere in the U.S. Anyone in the vicinity of eastern N.C. who would like to arrange pickup, PM me.

Sorry, not interested in any trades.

Now for the pics!

whole.jpg
    [​IMG]
    pickups.jpg
    headstock%20front.jpg
    headstock%20tip.jpg
    neck%20bottom.jpg
    case.jpg

2. wetzelman1

wetzelman1

Feb 12, 2009
    I've been lusting over one of these, but unfortunately, I need to buy a new precision before pickin one of these baby's up. Nice bass and nice price, someone should get this.

3. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Who%20wants%20this%20bass.png

4. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Hump de bump!

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Reminds me of my first "real" bass.

6. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    It's the weekend bump!

7. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Nobody? Beuller?

8. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Bump for a nice "stealth" T-40.
    I already have one or I'd be seriously thinking about this one!

9. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
  10. dokazaado

dokazaado

Mar 25, 2009
    Empty Hills
    this is as cool as a T-40 gets. if I wasn't dedicated to shortys right now, I'd snap this up.

11. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    Been almost a month/still available bump!

12. TheFantod

Aug 7, 2009
    Eastern N.C.
    First of December bump!!!

13. dezine29

dezine29

Dec 6, 2010
    Hi, I've been looking for a T-40 for a while for my husband who is a musician. He wanted a black one which are a bit hard to find but I've only found them with the natural wood neck. You're bass is with out a doubt the best looking (I LOVE the rosewood neck with the black body) that I've found. I'd love to buy your bass for his Christmas present and I know he'd be so psyched to get it, and would absolutely love it. He's really wanted one for a while. Let me know if you'll sell it to me and how you want to arrange payment. Thanks!