1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Rickenbacker Copy in White with Black Binding!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Coldmilk, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey,

Up for sale is a Rickenbacker copy in white with black binding. I got this locally in a trade, and it's a killer bass. It's obviously a copy, and is NOT a real Ric, but it has that unmistakeable Rickenbacker growl. Hardware is sturdy and great, I did not feel any need to have them replaced. The pickups are great; they are hot, and I definitely love them stock. I originally thought I would have to replace these with real Rickenbacker pickups to get more of the growl, but I ended up falling in love with the tone it had with the stock pickups. The neck is straight, and really feels great. Pearloid sharkfin inlays, and the action is set very low, though it could use a better setup. It is currently strung with Elixir Stainless Steels, 45-105.

I honestly never thought I would part with it, but ever since playing 5'ers, this one has just sat on a stand in my closet. This is my favorite bass, and the fact that it has my dream scheme of white and black makes it especially hard for me to take my eyes off it. I don't think I've ever seen another Ric copy with this color scheme yet.

There are minor finish blemishes on it, and all of them should be shown with the numerous pics I took of it. I just couldn't stop taking pics :D! There is a small ding near the pickup cover on the left side. Nothing else as far as I can tell from looking at it. It plays and sounds great, very surprising as it is a copy.

Pictures are here: http://imageshack.us/g/580/imag0494z.jpg/

Asking $500 shipped OBO in a padded gig bag. Cash sale preferred, paypal accepted. I've kinda got to the point where I realize I could use the money for other things not bass-related, but I will entertain trades(5 strings only) that will net me some cash on my end. Also wouldn't mind any pedals + cash on your end, just throw me anything. Thanks for looking, and if there are any questions, or offers, feel free to PM me!

2. Pretty bass! This one shouldn't last long on here. Coldmilk is a great guy to deal with. :bassist:

3. moe.moe

moe.moe Endorsed by Mercy & Grace ™

Jun 22, 2008
    Sweet looking RIC (((even if its a copy)))

Weekend Bump!

:^)

4. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    PM'd

5. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    A lot of interests, but no deals made yet bump!

Update: I also wouldn't mind any pedal + cash offers, so throw them at me! I do need more money than pedals/basses though!

6. Desuh

Desuh

May 28, 2011
    Michigan
    Hello!

I just have a few questions. Does it have two truss rods? Does it have stereo jacks? And finally the age old "how much does this baby weigh?":D

7. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Very cool. I'm interested but got to talk it over with my dad.

8. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Hey there,

It's a single truss-rod, and has only one input jack. The bass weighs around 8ish lbs, I'll have to get a scale to give a more accurate measure.

The bass may be already sold though!

9. Coldmilk

Coldmilk

Jun 13, 2011
    San Diego
    Sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.