1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Sadowsky NYC Vintage Jazz Bass (four string)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Glenbow, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenbow

Glenbow Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm selling a NYC Sadowsky four string vintage jazz bass in Ottawa, Canada. Built in 2000, with graphite reinforced neck, Sadowsky Hipshot-style d-tuner, Sadowsky hum cancelling pickups, morado fretboard, active/passive bypass (push/pull). Comes with original Sadowsky soft case. Beautiful Lake Placid Blue Metallic finish with matching headstock.

Plays great and everything works fine but there is some play wear along the upper edge of body and a couple of small dings, front and back, with some very light buckle surface rubbing on back below the neck plate. I was hoping to get $3000 for it but but nobody's making any decent offers here and I would like to know what a realistic asking price would be. Buyer would have to pay shipping and insurance through shipping method of their choice. Is anyone interested? Thanks.

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Sounds like a nice one. Some pics would be cool to post. Helps us all make a decision. If its a 2000 it won't have the graphite reinforced neck. That started about 2003. Good luck w the sale

Rob

3. slabhappy

slabhappy

Jun 4, 2007
    Brookline, Ma
    I was following your two listings on Ebay; dings are pretty bad on the bass relative to other Sadowsky's. If it were a five-string it might fetch $2750-3000, but a beat-up four-string is probably going to end up around $2500 or so.
    Good luck with the sale.
    C

4. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    My mistake then .. I had emailed Sadowsky Guitars about it last year and they said that it should have the graphite in the neck. I may have sent them the serial number and not the year .. 3397. I will attempt to post some pics .. stay tuned.

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi

Ok. That serial number is later than 2000. More like 2003 so you are probably correct. I had one of the first graphite reinforced 5 strings in late 2003. They have the thicker headstock

Rob

6. I would just like to point out that Bill (the seller) is a new member to TB (on my recommendation). He has been a friend of mine for many many years and a stand up guy. We have been referring each other for gigs when we're too busy, and have swapped gear on a few occasions to try out different toys (I had his '70s SVT for months while he tried out my DB750) - I wouldn't do that with just anyone. He might not have been on the forum before, but that's mainly due to him having been so busy being a side man with more bands than I can list. I told him that if anyone had any reservations about buying such a nice bass from a "TB newbie", that I would vouch for him. So here I am - If you're interested, buy with confidence. One of us will have pics up soon.

P.s. I would probably have jumped on this amazing bass, but for the shows I do, I need a 5-string. My MV5 serves me perfectly and I don't mind if it gets dinged up a little.

Rocky

7. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Here are a couple of pictures.

Attached Files:

8. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    So new that he doesn't know how to answer PMs?

9. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    a couple more ..

Attached Files:

10. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks like I'm limited to two per post ..

Attached Files:

11. conttador

conttador

Jun 10, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Is that remark really necessary?

12. MVPBASS

MVPBASS Banned

Oct 29, 2010
    Well, i sent him a couple of pms, which he wasn't answering, but he was posting on the thread the whole time. He finally responded to me and apologized saying he was new to talkbass and didn't know how, so yes, i guess it was. Thanks for your concern

13. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Cool bass!

14. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    I will take $2500 for this bass if anyone's still interested.

15. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Great deal on a great looking bass. Good luck with the sale!

16. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    I probably should have mentioned that I'm not interested in taking any trades for the bass. I appreciate the interest people have shown but I would prefer to make a straight sale. Thanks again.

17. Welcome to Talkbass and good luck with your sale Bassbro. :)

18. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Someone just asked about the weight .. it's about nine pounds. Thanks again everybody.

19. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    Someone buy this before I do. She is a very sexy Dowsky, me love it long time. $2500 is a deal on this! Good luck with the sale.

20. Glenbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Be my guest. She's still available folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.