1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Shen SB 150

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by xnsweep, Aug 10, 2012.

1. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
    Hi ladies and gents, I have a 3/4 Shen SB 150 that I used in high school that I'm looking to sell. I haven't played in years and it has just been sitting in my living room, (not) enjoying being a decoration. I figured its time to find a better home for it! It is still in great condition, if anything there may be a few scratches, but nothing eye catching! If you would like pictures PM me (only serious parties please). I'd like $1800 for it. Comes with a soft case and a K. Holtz french bow. I'd like to sell locally (San Diego area), but I'm willing to drive a bit (1.5-2 hours maybe).

Also, I know it looks a bit shady with me being a newly registered member and this being my first post, so feel free to look me up on heatware under burn.intel.

2. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
    bump to the top!

3. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
    bump

4. Steve Swan

Steve Swan

Oct 12, 2004
    Burlingame, California
    Retailer: Shen, Sun, older European
    Does this one have the older shiney lacquer finish or the softer looking oil varnish finish?

5. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
  6. That's the earlier model with the sprayed-on lacquer finish. Pre-2008, right?

7. Steve Swan

Steve Swan

Oct 12, 2004
    Burlingame, California
    Retailer: Shen, Sun, older European
    I would safely say that this is the old lacquer finished version.

8. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
    If I recall correctly, I got it the year before I started high school, which puts it around 2006.

9. portraitoftracy

portraitoftracy

Sep 27, 2005
    Chico, CA
    Still for sale?

10. xnsweep

xnsweep

Aug 10, 2012
    San Diego
    yes it is!