1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS: USA STEINBERGER XQ-2A 4 String Bass with case and string adapter

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikecd1, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    Hi All, up for grabs is a Steinberger XQ-2A bass from the Music Yo Gibson / Nashville period, s/n N0018xxx. I bought new about 5 years ago and guess its an 04-05 perhaps just before production stopped. This one is a later model with all the refinements including the later bridge, Moses Composite Graphite neck with truss rod, ebanol fingerboard (has dots on the board and side dots), the HAZ labs active 18 volt EQ with vol, pan, stacked bass / treble. It also features the EMG HB-CS pickups which I believe are supposed to be exactly like the original SS pickup design with a warm, clear tone. The bass sounds fantastic, has low action with straight neck and its easy to dial in a great sound quickly with the active EQ and the blendable pickups. You get solid, warm lows and crisp highs without being harsh - thick Steinberger tone!

No wear, no scratches, no dead spots, no fretwear and no issues. Freshly setup with LaBella S100S 45-105 douible ball strings. The finish is yellowing a bit and makes it look great in contrast to the black hardware and neck. Its just the way I bought it and weighs in at a sleek 7 lbs 10oz on my scale making it really comfortable and ergonomic to play. No neck dive here! Includes the original soft case and an original Steinberger string adapter to use regular strings which comes in very handy. I need to pay some college bills so not considering trades for this one. There's a little glare in some of the photos and the picture of the end of the neck shows a little dust cap that covers the truss rod cavity in case you're wondering what that is.

Selling for [DEL]$1400[/DEL] $1299 obo including insured, well packed shipping in lower 48, payment thru paypal please.

steinie1.
    IMG_2478.
    IMG_2482.
    IMG_2474.
    IMG_2486.
    IMG_2503.
    IMG_2501.
    IMG_2494.

2. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England