1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS Vintage 70's Ampeg SVT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by AndrewSeward, Mar 8, 2013.

1. AndrewSeward

AndrewSeward

Mar 5, 2013
    GVL
    Endorsing Artist: Fender
    Hello again,
    I am selling my 70's SVT. It hurts just typing that.

I believe it is a 1974. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
    Serial # is 132747

I purchased this from a friend in FL about 5 years ago. I then took it out with me to LA to record. It was completely re-hauled at Lon Cohen (by Lon himself). It was the best bass tone I have ever had used for recording. Over the next 4 years the head has just stayed in my house or the studio. Never played a live show with it. It also didn't get hardly any playing time on it, which is a shame. Just sat around gathering dust.

Started playing it again and recording as well. Sitting around didn't do the head any good, so I took it to Dennis Sardilli at Audio 3000 in Jacksonville for another overhaul.
    www.audio3000.net

So now this SVT has 6 brand new 6550 GT tubes in it. A new JJ dw7 and a new socket to go with that. Cleaned, tested, and sounds great. These are old heads, and they need TLC. This TLC just cost me around $500.

Kills me to sell this, but I need the money. Same old story.

$1900 shipped COUSA

Feel free to DM me. I have no problem getting on the phone to explain more.

I also have a sextet of Ruby 6550's if the GT's don't do it for you. That will cost extra of course.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. AndrewSeward

AndrewSeward

Mar 5, 2013
    GVL
    More pics

Attached Files:

3. AndrewSeward

AndrewSeward

Mar 5, 2013
    GVL
    2 more

Attached Files:

4. AndrewSeward

AndrewSeward

Mar 5, 2013
    GVL
    BUMP

I'm asking too much aren't I? $1500 shipped. Go. Need to sell this sucker. COUSA only.

5. Lippy

Lippy

Jan 28, 2009
    If I had the scratch in hand - it's be sold... nice amp.

6. Rawrrbass

Rawrrbass

Mar 19, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Bump for a good dude! Killer head, if I had the extra cash to buy this as well I would!

7. AndrewSeward

AndrewSeward

Mar 5, 2013
    GVL
    Bump for anyone in North central FL who wants to come try this out. I'm in Gainesville. $150 off if you come get it.

8. jasonwblack

jasonwblack

Jan 22, 2008
    Bump for a great deal and a great dude!

9. lynott-forever

lynott-forever

Oct 29, 2009
    Canada
    Big Against Me bump. Which albums were recorded with this head?