1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS: Zon Hyperbass Michael Manring

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gregduboc, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hi folks... I'm selling my very rare Zon Hyperbass, the Michael Manring bass.

I believe there is no need for introductions, if you are looking at this thread, you probably know what this bass is, if not, go check it out, because you should!

This is one of the first, the original. It's from 1997.
    Bartolini pickups with the ZP2-S electronics. With D-Tuners on ALL 4 strings and with the special bridge for altered tuning, this is an exact replica of Michael's bass. It can't get better than this.

The condition is used. This bass has been giged, but really taken care of. It has some dings and dong, but they are only visible on close inspection. The D-tuners all work fine, and so does the bridge. But I believe that sending the bass to Joe Zon would make it brand new with ease. I just haven't done it because I live in Brazil. Which brings me to the second point:

I'll be in NY from August 31st until September 3rd, so this sale is only valid until then, unless the buyer is willing to pay for international shipping. The buyer needs to pick it up with me in the hotel during that period, otherwise, shipping is buyer's responsability. I'm not desperate to sell it, so if no one makes any offers, it will stay with me. But this is a very rare oportunity to own the same bass as Michael Manring, so I would miss the chance. And you must know that it is really rare for a Hyperbass to pop up for sale, specially one with ALL the features. Don't miss the chance!

Price is US$ 4000 and as the bass has no case, I'll throw in a top level Levy's Gig Bag as a gift.
    Cheers!

Attached Files:

2. More Pics:

Attached Files:

3. And a bit more (sorry, I don't know how to post them directly on the thread):

Attached Files:

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Beautiful bass at a good price. But you say you'll be in NY from "August 31st until August 3rd" - are you Dr. Who? :D
    Otherwise, you might want to correct the dates.
    Good luck with the sale!

SteveCM likes this.
  5. Ops! My bad...:bag:
    That would be until September 3rd... Thanks for pointing that out. Let me edit the original post.

Greg

6. You don't see many of these with the bridge. I was lucky to snag mine a few years ago. It opens up new avenues in your playing and takes you places you never thought you would go.

GLWTS!!

7. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    Man, that's a lot of bass. Never saw the back of one of these - Zon knows how to shape for comfort. Hope you get a taker, NYC might be just the place to find someone. So bump.

8. Thanks for the comments guys, they are all true! The bridge is awesome, and so is the back of the bass. Thanks for the bump!

9. Bump for the weekend!

10. One week to go!

11. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    attachment.
    Drooling...
    :help:

12. Final weekend bump!

13. Last BUMP!! It's now or never...!

14. Oh my... That is the most beautiful bass I have ever seen, ever. So wish I wasn't 15 and jobless, why must you tempt me so!!!

If this is still around in 20 years, I'll buy it :D