SOLD G&L Tribute SB-2 (7.2 lbs - light as empress)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by craigb, May 29, 2018.

1. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Hey Y'all,

When I bought this from Chrome Dome I thought I was done, then a friend offered me a Sterling HH and I couldn't pass it up. So I have "too many" this is on the block.

It's an excellent condition G&L Tribute SB-2 that happens to be as light as an empress bodied US G&L - 7.1lbs (7lbs 3oz and change on my kitchen scale). I can't find any marks on it and it's still got the factory wiring/controls (just 2 volumes). It also comes with one of the nice G&L gig bags that all Tributes used to ship with.

I can't find a mark on it and I'm willing to turn it around for exactly what I paid - $405 shipped CONUS/lower 48

I'd trade for:
    - an Eastwood Warren Ellis Tenor 2P
    - an Audiokinesis Hathor 1505
    - a G&L Tribute Kiloton <9lbs (yeah, I probably shouldn't, but I probably couldn't resist)

DSC_7038.JPG DSC_7039.JPG DSC_7040.JPG DSC_7041.JPG DSC_7042.JPG

Gord_oh likes this.
  2. bassWR

bassWR Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    Which neck does it have?

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

All Trib SB2s have a narrow neck - 1.5" wide at the nut

While current Trib SB2s have a 12" radius this one is a bit older than current production (the great burgundy metallic finish is discontinued) it may have come from the 9.5" radius era.

The body is basswood, fretboard is rosewood. These have US pickups and import pots/wiring.

4. bassWR

bassWR Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Warner Robins GA
    PM to you

5. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Suspended Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Great Deal!!!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021