SOLD Gallien-Krueger MB500 Fusion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by jmlee, Nov 16, 2018.

1. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Price:
    $450
    Gallien-Krueger MB500 Fusion bass head in excellent condition. Used lightly as a backup to my rack rig. This one's kind of interesting. When I bought it (I'm the second owner) the mute switch didn't work, so I took it in for service. The tech somehow screwed up soldering in the new switch and G-K replaced a good deal of the guts of the amp (see photo). Apparently to replace the front board with the controls, that board comes as part of a larger board replacement set. So...a lot of the amp is basically new (importantly including the knobs, switches, and jacks which can be trouble spots over the years). It works like a charm—including the mute switch!

I've decided to just carry my tiny MB200 as a backup, so I'm selling its big brother to someone who might enjoy its tubey-ish goodness. I'll include the rack ears for mounting, a $40 value if bought from GK.

Price doesn't include actual shipping cost which I'll split with the purchaser. Canada Post costs to US aren't much different than USPS costs. PayPal or preferred Interact Direct transfer within Canada.

-------------------------------------------------------

SPECS: The Gallien-Krueger MB Fusion 500 incorporates the same all-tube preamp of the Fusion 550 and maintains the amazing portability of the MB2-500. The bass amp head delivers 500W at 4 ohms, 350W at 8 ohms, and features an all-tube, 3x12AX7 preamp. The GK MB Fusion head has a 4-band active EQ, variable contour with mid frequency select, and Deep and Bright switches, so you've got total tonal control.

Features: • 500 watts @ 4 ohms, 350 watts @ 8 ohms • Two Gain and Master controls, switchable on panel or with footswitch (not included) • All tube preamp (Three 12AX7s) • 4-band Active EQ • Variable contour with mid frequency select • Deep and Bright switch • Mute switch • Active/passive switch (-14dB) • Effects loop • Tuner out • XLR out with pre/post EQ and ground light • 2 Speakon outputs

Attached Files:

2. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Sold pending payment.