1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Gamut Lyon Nylon wound D & G

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by svenbass, Jul 23, 2017.

1. svenbass

svenbass

Dec 12, 2002
    Boston
    Price:
    $175.00
    Gamut Lyon D & G Nylon wound gut. Size med+

Update- close up pic's added of Gamut (bottom) next to a Golden Spiral (top)

First off, these are very high quality gut strings and their craftsmanship is second to none. Dan Larson helped me select these as replacements for my 20 year old Kaplan Golden Spirals. Purchased and installed 3/17, removed 5/17. I did about 10 shows and 1 recording session on these, and of course a fair bit of practicing. In the two months I had them on, they settled as far as stretching/tuning stability, and that amount of time gave me a good opportunity to audition them fully.

I am selling because I require a bass that I can bow in professional situations. I had hoped the smooth nylon wrap would be a more forgiving solution to my limited arco skills. A classical friend of mine had no problem bowing them.

Sonically, they have all the best qualities of the gut string sound. The response is immediate, with a deep front end. The pitch center is clear and strong. Physically, they are smooth wound and ping nicely off the right hand ... playing a walking line is sublime. They feel easy under the left hand. They are taut and solid, yet not overly stiff (if that makes any sense). These strings don't fight you, yet you must meet them at the halfway point ... put in some effort and you will be rewarded warmly. I chose the Med+ which are about the same size as the GS's but are less spongy and lend themselves to nice low action. I'm not at all a rockabilly guy but I did slap through some simple bluegrass tunes and they performed nicely.

Paid $272 .. selling for $175 shipped & insured CONUS. PayPal only please - I'm not looking to trade, or sell separately. I will provide tracking number and info as soon as they ship

Don't hesitate to ask questions Read more on Gamuts here: Gut Music Strings - Bass Strings - Page 1 - Gamut Music

cheers- Sven

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    bskts247 likes this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021