1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Gibson Epiphone 3/4 plywood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by thedemiurge, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Price:
    Strings:
    Maple Shade, NJ

that's right. it's a Gibson Epiphone very rare late 50's early 60's entry model plywood upright. made in Kallamazoo Mich. strung with Labella rope core 7710's with very low action for articulate, fast playing. definitely a jazzer's setup with the G and D string spacing a bit closer than usual. forget about arco unless you're getting a new setup, strings and bridge. These strings sound like ass when bowed anyway. rosewood fingerboard, fixed bridge. 3/4 size. has inlays at G and A bass side (not on top of fingerboard like Edgar does it; I mean bass side, towards the player, so no one will know:). louder than your average bear and has that typical low end boom that bluegrassers nut over. very similar to a Kay and has the same tuning gears and plates. no buzzing, no open seams. recently changed out the soundpost by a Luthier from Sicklervill, NJ. the sound is full and well balanced. has a nice, natural aging and patina on gears and a few dings and scratche expected of a bass 50 plus years old. btw, the neck is original and has never been broken in that sweet spot all you Kay players know about. this is an excellent sounding plywood bass. come see for yourself (I will not ship). I just don't have the passion anymore and this bass deserves to be played by a serious gigging musician. If you're serious, email me and I'll send pics. I prefer all inquiries to be emailed to me directly: danielspeare@yahoo.com

$1700 includes gigbag, stand, and some study materials if interested.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. image.

3. Alas, it is sold.