1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Gibson Midtown w Curtis Novak pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jbednarski, Jun 4, 2017.

1. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    Price:
    $1600.00
    Strings:
    Mint, first year Gibson Midtown in cherry red. Pickups have been upgraded to a Curtis Novak EB-AA in the neck position and a Novak EB-Bridge in the bridge position. Has a full range of tones now and clarity at every tone position. Loud and punchy or deep and soulful, this is the way this bass was meant to sound. Also has a Hipshot SuperTone 3-point bridge upgrade so intonation is correct all up the neck. New set of Labella flat wounds. ust trying to get out of it what I put in it so the price shipped in the CONUS is $1,600.

Attached Files:

2. daveman

daveman

Jan 10, 2008
    I made similar changes to my 2012 Midtown - except I put a Novak EB-DS in the neck position and also changed the pickup selector to a blend knob. It really brought the bass to life. Good luck with the sale.

3. jbednarski

jbednarski

May 31, 2010
    Chicago area
    Sound interesting. These are great basses with mods. I don't want to sell it but have college and medical expenses that are getting out of hand.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021