SOLD Gibson modified 1973 bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by butch2112, Jul 23, 2018.

1. butch2112

butch2112 Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    Gibson SB-450. 1973 4C160600-BBA9-48CA-ABD1-7EE9AABAA190.jpeg

modifications are,replaced tuners same as the originals, these were not the light tuners most of these came with Schaller BM series tuners ,Babicz FCH 3 point bridge currently being used on some Gibson basses, this is far superior over the original,Bridge cover new,custom made pickups,hand made pickguard (have the original)rewired ,original wiring had both pickups wired together only, these are now seperate but share tone pot, comes with Gibson SG bass case,short scale case but fits this bass, far stronger than original case ,recent setup and slight neck sanding

Attached Files:

2. bassCanadabass

bassCanadabass Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Rad bass! Can you tell us about the pickups?

3. butch2112

butch2112 Supporting Member

A guy in Toronto that took other pickups tore them all apart and made new pickups. I’m struggling to even remember his name. But he was just a guy through a friend. Rather deep very quiet no noise , bluesy sounding I might say.

bassCanadabass likes this.
  4. jaypbass

jaypbass

Jun 29, 2007
    Boston, MA
    I'm interested in the bass. Can you send me a pm? thanks

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021