1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Gorgeous 2012 Natural/Maple Stingray 5 HH

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mausc, Feb 24, 2013.

1. mausc

mausc

May 12, 2011
    Up for sale is my personal Natural/Maple 2012 SR5 HH. This bass was custom ordered through Hot Licks guitar shop in Waldorf Maryland for a local touring musician (and friend of mine), who bought the bass to replace his venerable SR5 H, thinking the HH would add extra versatility. My friend relayed his request for a Natural/Maple with the nicest woods EB could come up with through Hot Licks, and since they do a pretty decent volume of sales of EB products, the production manager agreed. He waited 6 months for the bass and it’s gorgeous. The body wood has gorgeous grain characteristics, but it’s the neck that is stunning. I’ve never seen finer birdseye. This instrument is a work of art.

My friend played a handful of shows with the bass and liked it, but he felt he wasn’t getting quite the same pop and growl as his SR5 H, probably because the HH doesn’t offer a series setting on the PU selector (Note, I haven't found this problem - it growls wonderfully to me). So just before Christmas he offered the bass to me as he hopped back on the bus. I bought it before even plugging it in. It’s an awesome bass and I hate to part with it but with looming gov’t furloughs on the horizon at my day job, I need to clean house a bit and sock some money away, and unfortunately this baby has to go.

Bass is 6 months old, includes the original SKB-designed case, has all the Musicman accessories that came with it, and includes the original warrantee card. It’s exactly as it was when it was delivered to Hot Licks. The condition in flawless.

He paid $1650 and I paid him $1300. I'm just looking to get my $$ Back on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]