1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Gut Strings (assorted)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Jeff Steinhart, Apr 14, 2019 at 5:59 PM.

1. Jeff Steinhart

Jeff Steinhart Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Price:
    $75
    E160887A-DE6D-46D9-A9C9-C0628DF314C8. BD4BE5D6-B233-4650-826D-7B592D44DB5B. 7E1FFA81-5335-489B-9DBF-7947E6304F2F. I have two full sets of gut strings that came off of my basses. I don’t know what they are, probably a combination of makers, but they were great for me, though my time with guts has been ended for now. I also have an assortment of other guts that I have not used and have no idea what they are. The ones on my basses were well maintained. $75 per set. $5 shipping per set unless you take all three then shipping is free. Thanks. Top photo is the assortment of strings. Bottom two photos are the full sets.

2. K. Powell

K. Powell Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2014
    can you tell how many g & d strings are in the mixed assortment? Thinking of mixing guts & spiros again.

3. Jeff Steinhart

Jun 17, 2017
    Let me check when I get home. Thanks

4. Jeff Steinhart

Jun 17, 2017
    Hello. It looks like there is one plain gut G, one plain gut D, one wound D, another Wound D, but not in good condition and then probably looks like two E and two A, both are wound. The strings are in fairly good condition, but not great. You can actually have them for 50 bucks if you want. Thank you

5. Long enough to fit a Kay/Engle 3/4?

6. Jeff Steinhart

Jun 17, 2017
    Yes. Thanks