1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Trade Guyatone Bass Project

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by scifiguitar, May 3, 2018.

1. scifiguitar

scifiguitar Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    For trade. Guyatone bass project. It's a probably 60's Guyatone. Looking to trade for something else. The neck is bowed and fixing it is a little beyond my abilities. The truss rod works but it needs more than a simple adjutment I believe. The frets look good considering. The body has checking. The gold foil pickup works and so do the controls. To be honest i got this to rob the pickup but i fell bad destroying something someone else might give a loving home to. All parts are here. Cool aluminum pickguard. The only part that is trash are the screws. I'll include them so you know the size and threads.
    In one pick you see the neckplate, thumb rest, and truss rod cover. One of the top hats knobs is broken.
    Ask any questions. Just looking for anything. Again the neck looks like it needs help. Truss rod does work. A fun cool project for someone with more skills than me. 20180503_203552_Film2. 20180503_203602_Film2. 20180503_203932_Film2. 20180503_203625_HDR_Film2. 20180503_204014_Film2. 20180503_203606_Film2. 20180503_203938_Film2.

2. scifiguitar

Feb 6, 2017
    Not looking for a lot. Not even a complete bass. If i don't trade it I'm putting the pickup in s ok mething else.

3. Cutter8

Cutter8 Admittedly in need of adult supervision... Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    Would you say a little more about what’s up with the neck so us amateur “luthiers” can determine if we have the skills and tools/equipment necessary to fix it? That looks like it could be a fun project and yield a cool bass with the right attention. I like it, and god knows I have a wide variety of trade bait... Thanks. -Rick

scifiguitar likes this.
  4. scifiguitar

Feb 6, 2017
    Basically it's just bowed. Does not look warped. The truss rod works but I'm not even an amateur luthier. If i had to guess after watchinga youtube video you would need to remove neck bend it under pressure then tighten truss rod. I would hope this would work. I would be willing to answer any more questions. Please ask any specifics .