1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

H.R. Wilhelm pernambuco French bow, $750

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm about to undertake a $2K+ structural renovation and need to lighten the load to take some of the sting out of the bill.

This is a French style bow, stamped H.R. Wilhelm. Octagonal stick, made of pernambuco according to my luthier, just over 28" and 140g according to my scale.

The orchestral player I bought it from said he got it circa 1990 so I'm not sure if it is a Shar product or not. It is in excellent condition as, shortly after buying this bow, he stopped playing bass and started conducting. I got it this summer and barely played it. The (white) hair is a little slack but it plays nicely.

Asking $500 or best offer. Would consider partial trade of a carbon fiber bow just for yuks, but a need for cash is my primary motivation for selling it. Photos will be posted tomorrow. Thanks for reading.

2. IMG_0090.

IMG_0089.

IMG_0087.

IMG_0088.

3. Or best offer!

4. Bump!

5. Price drop bump. Nice clean straight Pernambuco stick for $500. One week trial. I know I'm talking someone's language.

6. jazzmissy

jazzmissy

Jan 23, 2010
    Portland, OR
    How about $350?

7. Split the difference at four and a quarter?

8. jazzmissy

jazzmissy

Jan 23, 2010
    Portland, OR
    $400, got to rehair the bow for $60...

9. Deal. Check your PM.

10. jazzmissy

jazzmissy

Jan 23, 2010
    Portland, OR
    PM sent.

11. Out on trial.