1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Hondo Formula 1 LONG SCALE Flying V Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by vbroden, Jun 21, 2016.

1. vbroden

vbroden

Mar 3, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Premier Guitar Magazine, MXR Pedals, Moody Leather Straps, D'addario strings
    Price:
    $345
    Strings:
    This is an early 80's Hondo Formula 1 LONG SCALE flying V. In a world of short scale Flying V's, this bass is a rarity and a gem. I bought it with the original neck. It was too thin and buzzy so I had a brand new Allparts Tele bass neck installed and had the headstock painted red. The neck alone was $350. This neck has less than 10 gigs on it. The original pickup sounds incredible. Full on aggressive and warm p-bass tone. The neck/body joint was also shimmed by my tech for better playability. This is a large bass that makes an even larger statement.

Attached Files:

Chris Rhoades and NigelD like this.
  2. Chris Rhoades

Chris Rhoades

Sep 19, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Endorcing Artist:BNA Audio, Boothill bass strings.
    This thing is rad!

3. Bleecker

Bleecker Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Etown NY. USA
    Is this bass still for sale?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021