For Sale Ibanez SRH505 fretted bass workshop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fishdreams, Mar 13, 2022.

1. fishdreams

fishdreams

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification and and Martin Keith Guitars
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Please red full description. Bass has been priced accordingly due to some cosmetic issues.

I purchased this bass when Sweetwater blew them out a few years ago and planned to mod it with additional magnetic pickup (Lace Ultraslim acoustic Bass), which i started to do but then I lost interest in the project, and bass has been laying around unplayed ever since, basically.

There are some cosmetic issues. There are a few screw holes in the top, and I moved one of the straplocks, which are Schaller style ones, probably not original (don't remember anymore). As it came from the factory, additionally the neck/body fit isn't the tightest or best-looking, a bit of gap there, and the fit of the back plate for the electronics isn't the cleanest either, with a bit of finish loss around the edge of the back plate. In a new state, I'd have called this B-stock.

Bass plays fine, I had a setup done and the frets leveled by L.Ellis Hahn, when they were still in Brooklyn (Check out their basses, they build fantastic basses in the super-Fender vein). I checked setup today and set it a little lower than they did.

Weight 7.1 lbs. Original d'addario flatwounds. Comes with an old gigbag. Price is local pickup price in Brooklyn, NY. UPS Shipping can be arranged, which buyer pays for.

With a little TLC, this is a good deal to make one the priced fretlesses out of it for little money, or just play as-is. No trades.

Attached Files: