1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Iron Ether QF2 Analog Multi-band Distortion

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by gh0st42, Sep 4, 2020.

1. gh0st42

gh0st42 Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Colorado
    Price:
    A unique older Iron Ether pedal, based on the rack mount “Quadrafuzz” with very flexible multi-band distortion, boost, and a expression jack to control the frequency shift knob (shifts all 4 bands up or down over 3 octaves of range) for a unique sweepable wah effect.

Excellent Condition, finish is in great shape, with Velcro on the bottom.
    A couple of the knobs are a little tough to turn, but looks like they just got tightened down a tiny little bit too low on the pots.
    All work perfectly.

$225.00 includes shipping in the CONUS.
    International shipping available at buyers expense.

Intro, specs, and link to manual from manufacturers homepage:
    http://ironether.com/wp-content/uploads/QF2-manual-RevB.pdf

“ Don't Miss Out on the Next Big Thing in Guitar Distortion. If you're a guitarist and you're not into multiband distortion...well, you should be. Multiband distortion delivers a "dirty" sound like no other. Not only does it give a smoother effect with guitar, it's a useful tool for drums, bass, and believe it or not, program material to add a distinctive, unique edge.” – Craig Anderton, musician, author, and music electronics guru.

The QF2 is based on the original “Quadrafuzz” rack-mount effect invented by Craig Anderton circa 1980. Unlike any other distortion pedal, it splits an instrument signal into four frequency channels and distorts each channel separately for the smoother, cleaner sustaining sound with minimum harshness.
    You will discover a full palette of truly distinctive sounds. Here are a few things that it does well that you can't do with a standard overdrive-distortion-fuzz pedal:
    1. It lets you to play complex chords without them turning into crap at relatively high drive levels.
    2. You can get very focused voicing in a live band or studio setting by using a subset of the four filters and adjusting them to put the tone exactly where you want it in the mix.
    3. You can get very cool vocal, "wah-like” sounds if you crank up the Q's and levels of the filters. But it has a lot richer and more sophisticated sound than a wah pedal.
    4. It supports an expression pedal input for controlling the most interesting and unique parameter of the effect – frequency. More on this later...

CONTROLS DESCRIPTION:
    Band knobs: Separate mix level controls for each of four distorted frequency
    channels.
     Low band covers fundamental frequencies of lower notes on the instrument
     Low Mid and High Mid bands cover higher notes and harmonics of lower
    notes
     High Band covers higher harmonics
    Resonance (Q) switches: Boosts and sharpens each frequency band, intensifying the effects of the filters.
    BP/HP switch: Changes High frequency band from a bandpass filter to a highpass filter, to let through the brighter harmonics.
    Frequency knob: This control allows all four channels to be shifted simultaneously over a pitch range of three octaves. This is perhaps the most important control to understand.
    Drive knob: Controls the gain going into the effect. Highest drive levels actually distort before the filters as well as after for maximum crunch.
    Boost switches: Boost footswitch further increases front-end drive. The gain is increased by a factor of either 3 times or 10 times, depending on the Boost toggle switch. Find a great rhythm tone, and then hit the Boost footswitch for a hotter lead sound.
    Tone knob (QF2 Gold only): Overall tone shaping, from treble cut to mild boost. Adds or takes off the sharp upper “edge” for guitar and other instruments.
    Mix knob (QF2 Copper only): Wet/dry mix control. Adds clean (dry) signal along with the filtered, distorted channels (wet). Highly desired by bass, keyboards, drums, etc.
    Volume knob: Sets the output volume level. Used to match the level of the QF2 signal to the bypassed signal.
    Expression jack: This proto unit has a jack to control the frequency knob for wah-type effects. Accepts a 1⁄4” stereo to dual mono (“Y” or “insert effect” cable), and a standard passive volume pedal.
    Bypass switch: True bypass using click-free relay technology.
    Power jack: Runs on industry-standard 9 volt DC center negative power
    supply.
    Size: Measures 5.7′′ x 4.7′′ (14.5cm x 12cm).
    F4A5DABB-F8AC-408B-BD9D-DA3568254BF4.jpeg
    0BA6408D-DFDE-4EA5-B820-D50E9FB7E8A0.jpeg

2. Emanuel

Emanuel Master of the run-on sentence Supporting Member

I wish I wasn’t so broke man, I need to pay off purchase before I do anything!
    I see old school knobs!

3. nonfiction

nonfiction

May 7, 2020
    Philadelphia
    Any interest in trading for a blue MBD-2 or an Oxide + some cash or Knightfall 66?

4. gsquare

gsquare Pedal Breeders' BIGBoardClub#104;CabronitaClub#8 Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Phoenix
    I think I recognize that pedal, GLWTS!!!!

5. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    That's a real beauty! If only I were born rich instead of good looking, I'd be PMing you now instead of lamenting the fact here :smug: Oh well. GLWTS!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021