1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Kay 1938 m-1 (2000$) price down

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jaybary, Oct 6, 2018.

1. jaybary

jaybary Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2013
    New York, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm selling my Kay bass M-1 model made in 1938 (serial number 3291). I've been playing tones of notes, chords and rhythms with this bass since I started learning double bass in university, and gigs, recordings, sessions, and busking- so sound wise It must have been significantly improved. It sounds like a bomb which you could never hear from other kay basses- I've been asked from a lot of bassist who tried my bass saying 'what kind of this bass? I've never thought this is kay' 'It sounds like a cannon' 'It projects better than I have' etc. I've never had any volume issues with this bass without amplifier or PA system except some big venues. It's well setup by Bill Merchant right before posting and appraised by him 2500$. of course you are really welcome to try this anytime in my place. Included Fishmen Full Circle pickup, gig bag( worn out little bit but no problem to use) and bass buggy( broken little bit but also no problem with using it). text me 347-458-7664 if interested. Local pickup and cash only, Thanks

Attached Files:

834federal likes this.
  2. jaybary

jaybary Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2013
    New York, NY
    price is negotiable. let me know
    and just noticed there is buzzing to be fixed inside of the top, so price goes down to 2000$.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 4:12 PM