1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ken Lawrence Associate 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Nov 21, 2017.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my 2001 Kenneth Lawrence Associate 5. This bass is in extremely good condition. There are no real indents, marks or scratches of note. I got it in a recent trade from a friend of mine and I had been hounding him for months to sell it to me. I am considering selling because I am in full scale Dingwall mode and there is another one on here that I want so I need to raise funds for it. I just got it back from my tech on Nov 20th who set it up and also leveled and re-crowned the frets. The frets are now in perfect shape and the bass is playing like new. It is a VERY nice bass and the quality of workmanship is as good as any bass I have seen or owned. Right up there with MTD. It has custom Duncan Basslines and a 9 volt Duncan preamp in it.

It has an ash body with a Myrtle top. There also appears to be a layer of Wenge in between the Myrtle and the ash. The ash is incredible as you can see from the photos of the back of the bass. The neck is maple with a Grenadillo board and the control cavity cover is Wenge. It is a nice slim neck (back to front) and very easy and comfortable to play. The bass balances perfectly. Weighs in around 9.75 lbs according to my very old bathroom scale. Not a total lightweight but not over the top heavy either. 19mm spacing at the bridge and 35" scale.

The controls are volume, blend, treble, mid and bass with a push/pull on the volume knob that activates a bass boot/mid cut slap contour when pulled up. There are trim pots on the preamp that allow you to adjust how much mid is cut and how much bass is boosted when it is activated.

The tone is warm and punchy and sits well in pretty much any setting.

Selling for $2350 or b.o. shipped in North America. Will ship in a Gator hardshell case.

no trades as I just bought a new Dingwall.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Nice bass! Ken Lawrence is a deadly builder. One of my favourites. Great price too!

RussT likes this.
  3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Updated original post to "no trades". I just bought a dingwall so I am now in recoup mode again. I am open to cash offers. Hit me up, the worst I can say is no.

4. top of the line boutique at mass production price here.

RussT likes this.
  5. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012
    Did not last long - no surprise

RussT likes this.