SOLD Ken Smith CR5M 5 String Bass Guitar USA

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jpeck02, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jpeck02

jpeck02 Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Beautiful Chuck Rainey signature bass with maple top, morado/pau-ferro fretboard in very good condition. Built in '96. The preamp was removed by a previous owner which makes this a passive bass. The holes were plugged professionally as seen in the photos. There is some finish wear around the pickups, top of the bass and knobs and a few minor dings as would be expected on a 20 year bass. It has been professional set-up, the frets are in great shape and it weighs approximately 9.5 lbs.
    IMG_2120_1024x1024.jpg IMG_2121.jpg IMG_2122.jpg IMG_2123.jpg IMG_2124.jpg IMG_2125.jpg IMG_2134.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. jpeck02

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Exceptional instrument. Classic tone. Great condition. If you are looking for a great deal on a Ken Smith bass, look no further.

Drocdbase and Fred312b like this.
  3. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    Wow.... do you know any history on that bass? That looks exactly like the one I took in on trade when working for Daddy's Junky Music in 2010.... it's gotta be the same bass...

4. jpeck02

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Don't know the history. Purchased it from a retailer in Seattle 3-4 months ago. Great bass. Excellent condition. Sounds just like a Ken Smith should.

5. jpeck02

Mar 5, 2011
    Danville, CA
    Back up for sale. I have the original preamp and a replacement preamp that will ship loose. Might get it reinstalled professionally if I find the time.