1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Kern IP-777 tube preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by stonetazz, Apr 18, 2021.

1. stonetazz

stonetazz Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Denton, TX
    Price:
    United States
    Up for sale is my Kern ip-777 preamp. This is a highly respected and rare tube bass preamp. It is in very good condition. There is a little bit of lettering wore off on the front and there is a little bit of scratching from be racked. This is a wal wart version. Wal wart will be included. All knobs and switches work flawlessly. I only have had one small issue with the preamp. The di out was noisy and I traced it back to the 12au7a tube socket. If it is moved in the socket, it makes a little bit of static noise. However, it is quiet once I put the tube guards over the tubes and have it pushed into place. I played through the di out recently and had no problems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Asking $850 Shipped CONUS
    PayPal preferred

Attached Files:

2. benjobass

benjobass Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2001
    NYC Area
    My fav rack mount tube preamp. Fair price too. Don't sleep on this folks. GLWTS

3. stonetazz

stonetazz Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Denton, TX
    Local deal pending.

4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Amazing pre, proud to have owned one. GLWTS.

5. hemhaw

hemhaw Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Stonetazz, I’ve gotta ask about that power supply. It’s much larger than the ones I’ve seen come with the Kern.

Is it a beefed up liner supply you sourced? (Asking as a long time kern user)

6. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    Hitting your PM's now!!!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021