1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Lakland hollowbody

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by nautipaul, Nov 25, 2017.

1. nautipaul

nautipaul Singer and bass player / Acoustic guitar strummer Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ever do something on impulse then realize that you shouldn't have done that? I bought this Lakland hollowbody from Lakland a few weeks ago. It's a B stock, but the only flaw I could see is at the rim of one of the neck bolts on the back. I did remove the plastic from the tuners and off the body access plate on the back. I'm not trying to make any money off this, just get my money back. These are selling new for $1499. This one is like new, that flaw on the back is hardly detectable. It is a 2016 model. Beautiful bass that I've lusted for awhile, just didn't trip my trigger once I got it in my hands. This will make a great Christmas present for someone (yourself). Weighs just a fraction of an OZ over 8 lbs. See Lakland website for all the other technical stuff. Not interested in any trades. $1100 includes shipping in the lower 48.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Spidey2112 likes this.
  2. nautipaul

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    Changed my mind. I'm keeping this baby...

3. Colonel Barnes

Colonel Barnes Supporting Member

May 4, 2008
    Pacifica, CA
    I had a similar experience. I liked how the axe looked, but I couldn't get a sound out of it I liked. I looked into selling it once but concluded it wouldn't bring in what I thought it was worth at the time. A couple of years ago I took it to a blues jam partly to see if anyone there would be interested in it and it sounded and played FANTASTIC!

I still don't play it much, but I stopped thinking of it as a dog. It's a great instrument.

4. nautipaul

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    Yeah, I've been playing it a lot here at the house. Haven't taken it out yet because of no case. Just received a Mono Bass Sleeve and it fits' like a glove. Watch out jam sessions, here I come... This brings my Lakland collection back up to 3.

Colonel Barnes likes this.