SOLD Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (jazz neck) Candy Orange refin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Holdsg, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have loved this bass, twice, but now it's time to move on to something new.
    $950 OBO shipped within Continental US, Canada, and Mexico, will not ship outside of there.
    No trades, and I can afford to be patient with this one.

I have history with this bass. I've owned it twice. I should probably keep it, but it's not getting any playtime in my current bands, so it's on the block.

It started it's life as CAR, and is now satin Candy Orange, thanks to a great re-fin by Pat Wilkins.
    The pictures below show the bass in low light and with flash, to show how the orange will sparkle under stage lighting. No other Lakland Skyline P-bass has this finish, that I know of.
    The bass now has the Nordstrand NP4a pickup, with angled pickups to give a slightly more modern voice to the vintage P pickup. Great for funk and motown. It does that very well, IMHO.
    The bass is passive.
    The bass weighs 9 lbs 6 oz.
    The bass will ship in a vintage Fender G&G tan tweed hard case (in very good shape, as shown in the pics), with the orange fur interior, which are hard to find in this good of shape. Probably a $150 value just for the vintage Fender case.
    The neck has had the Carl Pedigo treatment (Howards Feed & Wax, oil/wax blend) and it feels like a US neck.
    The neck is 1.5" wide at the nut.
    The bass sounds, plays, just like a P-bass should.
    The bass has been played, for sure, but frets are still in excellent shape, with a little player wear on the headstock (no dings, just love marks), and a small chip out of the finish near one of the neck screws, that's been there since the refinish.

here are some pics taken this evening.

DSCN1517.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg DSCN1524.jpg DSCN1525.jpg DSCN1526.jpg DSCN1528.jpg DSCN1529.jpg DSCN1530.jpg DSCN1531.jpg DSCN1533.jpg DSCN1534.jpg DSCN1517.jpg DSCN1518.jpg DSCN1519.jpg DSCN1520.jpg DSCN1521.jpg DSCN1522.jpg

and here's a link to a for-sale add from the way-back past, which has additional pics:

SOLD - Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub (44-64) Hot-P in Satin Candy Orange

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    lowdownthump, R&B, petch and 6 others like this.
  2. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Passenger, Ship of Fools

Sep 18, 2007
    I don't like to yell but....

THIS IS A FANTASTIC BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R&B and Holdsg like this.
  3. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Price adjustment

4. Polk Salad

Polk Salad Passenger, Ship of Fools

Sep 18, 2007
    A steal.

Straight up robbery, nearly dabbling in felonious territory.

Holdsg likes this.
  5. Holdsg

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Yes thx

6. mrwood4

mrwood4

Apr 17, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    PM'd

7. Holdsg