1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Lakland Skyline Deluxe 55-02 (Spalted Maple)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JacobMiranda, Feb 19, 2020.

1. JacobMiranda

JacobMiranda Freelance Bassist in Southern California

Feb 22, 2018
    San Diego, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Greetings fellow bassists,

I have a Lakland Skyline 55-02 Deluxe Spalted Maple w/ Laurel Fingerboard up for sale.

I played this at NAMM, and really wanted to try it on the scene, so I ordered one. After about a month of gigging, what can I say about it, it's an amazing bass. Has a great slap tone, and wide variety of finger style tones. I used this bass with IEM for 2 weeks, and it never lost it's tone. Amp or no amp, you will love this bass. If you are wondering why I am selling, well it's because my student loan. I will take a hit on price since I drove it off the lot. You pay $85 shipping in the U.S.

Hear are some specs via the Sweetwater website. This all checks out too btw.

This Lakland 55-02 Deluxe Skyline Series 5-string Bass was started in Indonesia, and finished in Chicago.

• Same hardware and electronics as the USA-made Lakland bass

• Quality tone-wood spalted maple (deluxe model )and Indian laurel fingerboard

• Comfortable for long gigs (9lb)

• Perfect for any style of music

• Body Shape:Skyline 55-02 Deluxe

• Left-/Right-handed:Right-handed

• Number of Strings:5

• Color:Spalted

• Body Material:Ash with Quilted Maple veneer

• Body Finish:Gloss

• Neck Material:Flat-sawn Maple

• Radius:10"-13" compound

• Fingerboard Material:Indian Laurel (think 50/50 maple/rosewood)

I even asked Steve at Lakland what Laurel could be compared to... It is tight, responsive, like maple, but has depth, like rosewood. It's all subjective though.

• Fingerboard Inlay:Dots

• Number of Frets:22

• Scale Length:35"

• Nut Width:1.81"

• Nut Material:plastic

• Bridge/Tailpiece:Lakland Dual Access

• Tuners:Hipshot Ultrallites

• Middle Pickup:Lakland MM-J LH-3 Single-coil

• Bridge Pickup:Lakland MM-J LH-3 Humbucker

• Controls:1 x master volume (push/pull tone bypass), 1 x pickup blend, 3-band Active EQ, 3-way toggle pickup switch

• Strings:D'Addario

Everything is still stock, even plastic on the electronics panel. She is good to go.

Attached Files:

2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    The craftsmanship is absolutely stunning on these! That fretboard is gorgeous.

3. JacobMiranda

JacobMiranda Freelance Bassist in Southern California

Feb 22, 2018
    San Diego, CA
    Indeed. I was stunned to see it for the first time. Just about everyone know I loves it too. Might you be a buyer ?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021