1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland US JO4 Fretless - FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by E-Mac, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Hey all,
    I've done this once before, but I should really let it go this time. I have a 2005 USA JO for sale here. It was originally fretted, but I had it sent to Lakland to be defretted and epoxied. For the fretlines, they used birdseye maple like the dot inlays. Fantastic Bass. The playability is absolutely killer. Here's the original thread

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456932
    Pictures are at that link.

bass on the far right
    attachment.

The only thing that has changed since the close of that thread is that I put on DR Sunbeams (nickel rounds suitted for fretless). It sounds great and alive. The nickel plating keeps the strings from digging out the board. With the flats it has a very unique voice, with the nickels it gets close to the traditional "Jaco" tone. When I had this setup at New York Guitar Repair, Evan Gluck said he could see how a bass like this got me hooked on Laklands. Post or PM me with questions:

$2050 Shipped ConUS
    Not really looking for trades, as I could use the cash. I would consider a nice US Glaub as I'm going to be doing lots of R&B for the few months. I also have a fretted that I may consider moving in the right deal.

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    BUMP for Evan.....that JO is a sweetie!!!! Wish I needed another fretless......(or at least could afford to buy another one).....

3. This was my bass...before the defret job, Beautiful craftsmanship. Evan aint kidding about those Birsdeye Maple Dots...

Oh yeah...BTW Evan was great to deal with!
    :bassist:

4. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Thanks, guys! These US JOs really are the best passive Jazz basses you can get. In the past few months I've let go of a Glaub P/J and an awesome US Decade. This I will miss more than anything.
    Thread redone here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467945

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.